Page: 1

I Never Thought it Happen

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Never Thought it Happen#1
Posted: 3/20/11 at 8:26am
Standing at TKTS on Saturday Night and nothing I want to see!

Busy weekend, so shows are selling well, because many people have come over for St Patrick's Day. I also wanted to see a show I haven't seen before, after seeing two shows that I have already seen (La Cage - Memphis).

My choices were;

Bengal Tiger
American Idiot*
Arcadia
Billy Elliot*
Chicago*
Driving Miss Daisy
La Cage*
Lombardi
Mamma MiaP
Mary Poppins*
Million Dollar Quartet*
Rain
The Championship Season
The Addams*
The Importance of Being Earnest
Mothf***ker in the Hat
Phantom*

* Shows I have seen before

In the end I saw Driving Miss Daisy, did not want to see this, as I think I read it is coming to the West End with present Broadway cast?

What would you seen? Do you get me for needing to see something new?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Never Thought it Happen#2
Posted: 3/20/11 at 9:45am
Hmm, I would have picked Bengal Tiger out of all those. I hope to do the lottery for it when I'm there. Or I'd have seen Mary Poppins again I Never Thought it Happen.
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I Never Thought it Happen#2
Posted: 3/20/11 at 11:12am
I'd have seen Arcadia, simply for the cast (as in people I like to watch!) or I'd see AI simply because I've not seen it (only musical on there I haven't)

I've been known to go for something I've seen rather than risk a 'meh' evening if I'm unconvinced by other offerings!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Never Thought it Happen#3
Posted: 3/20/11 at 1:33pm
'Mary Poppins' I am going to see this week, but it is only 20% off on TKTS and I needed to something I haven't seen before.

'Bengal Tiger' I was meant to see Saturday matinee, I had a ticket and really wanted to see Robin Williams, but I suffer from a condition called 'phonophobia', which is a phobia of sudden loud noises, in my case it is gun shoots, I learned on the Broadway Board that 'Bengal' has several loud gun shoots, my phobia begun to kick in.

'American Idiot' as I said I needed to see something new, I have seen AI before, also I have a ticket already to see it tonight, which I bought before I came out to NYC, also it is the only decent show on a Sunday evening.

'Arcadia', I know nothing about, so went with 'Driving Miss Daisy', as it was a very hot ticket three months ago and sold out for every show, so good enough reason to see the show, however this is rumored to be coming to London with Vanessa and James, so a reason not to see the show.

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Never Thought it Happen#4
Posted: 3/21/11 at 4:37pm
I would have probably chosen Importance of Being Earnest. It sounds like a wonderful production and I love the play.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Patash Profile PhotoPatash Profile Photo
Patash
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I Never Thought it Happen#5
Posted: 3/26/11 at 11:33pm
No offense, but I think judging from the list of what you've seen, you need to broaden your horizons. There's some great stuff out there that are not musicals. Importance of Being Earnest is one -- Arcadia another.

So what did you think of Driving Miss Daisy?