Page: 1

Betty Blue Eyes/A Private Function' DVD and CD **DOWNLOAD HERE **

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Betty Blue Eyes/A Private Function' DVD and CD **DOWNLOAD HERE **

In tomorrows (Sun Mar 13th) The Sunday Telegraph there is a free copy of the movie A Private Function' along with exclusive songs from the new musical based on the movie, 'Betty Blue Eyes'.

Alan Bennett and Malcolm Mowbrays hilarious comedy 'A Private Function' stars Michael Palin, Maggie Smith, Denholm Elliott, Richard Griffiths and Alison Steadman.

Its 1947 -Austerity Britain- belts are being tightened, fair shares for all, the coldest winter in decades and a royal wedding.
Sound familiar?
It's a tale that centres around Betty, an adorable pig who is being illegally reared to ensure that the local dignitaries can celebrate the forthcoming Royal Wedding with a lavish banquet while everyone else makes do with Spam.

The DVD includes exclusive tracks from the new Cameron Mackintosh musical, 'Betty Blue Eyes', which is adapted from the same story as 'A Private Function'
The new musical opens March 19th at the Novello Theatre, London.

Pick up your free DVD on Sunday, March 13

Updated On: 3/18/11 at 07:45 AM
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Brilliant bit of marketing there!!

Good way to get the show into the hands of the people that it's really aimed at!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...and for people who haven't yet seen the brilliant Alan Bennet Movie!

1984 Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDihsBu_kxw
I saw this movie in the Odeon that used to be across the road from the Duke Of Yorks! Long gone, sadly.

Updated On: 3/12/11 at 10:42 AM
MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Listening to the songs right now, glad that there's much more than was previewed on the website, like 6 whole songs, and Reece Shearsmith singing the titlesong is sounding pretty good.

EDIT: Just now listening to 'Magic Fingers', listen to this recording because this song is just beautiful and haunting.
Updated On: 3/13/11 at 09:13 AM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So you can only get the DVD/CD if you get it from WH Smiths or post off for it. No thanks, think I'll just try find it online.
Clark_MD Profile PhotoClark_MD Profile Photo
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Really pissed off with the whole saga of trying to find a WHSmith that actually has the bloody things! Ive been to three 2 in cumbria and 1 in London and got blank looks each time!!..

If anyone has it to rip upload and send to me i would love you for ever and ever and ever!! :P
The Artist Formally Known As 'Anon2'
tenorboyo Profile Phototenorboyo Profile Photo
tenorboyo
Stand-by
Stand-by
Bugger being in Australia...i would LOVe that !!! Boooooooooo Hoooooooooooo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Okay, anyone who hasn't been able to find a competent WHSmith or lives in another country, have no fear, but be cool.

I bought the CD the other day with a telegraph that kind of went straight in the rubbish, and I've really enjoyed listening to it.

SO I'm in the process of...*finding* the songs on mediafire.com, which is a free file sharing website, except they might not be up there for very long, cause I don't know about how tight they're being about copyright regulations.

01 - Betty Blue Eyes http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNVESRA2
This song is done fantastically by Jack Edwards, who sounds like a real pro. There's some great comedy to this number, in which he is serenading a pig.

02 - Magic Fingers http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTEKI1M8
This song is melodically enchanting with some beautiful harmonious sections, and the most poignant of all of them and really quite beautiful.

03 - Nobody http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M1W4CVMM
Sarah Lancashire delivers an assertive, albeit slightly repetitive number, with a great finale and some really great sections in it and, somehow, is very...yorkshire.

04 - Painting By Heart http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AX3LMIT1
The Olivier Award winning Adrian Scarborough delivers this number, I believe. This song starts out as a terrific villain song, then becomes this heartwarming ditty with great performing evident by this great character actor.

05 - The Kind of Man I am http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXZSVXQK
Shearsmith sings another lovely tune, very endearing and the first song that I listened to again after hearing it the first time. I particularly like the lyrics to this piece and the melody is very retro, it sounds to me to be really appropriate for the time period.

06 - Another Little Victory http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S328WJLM
A wonderful humorous interjection partway through between Lancashire and Shearsmith, I hope this indicates a good script and lots more comedy from this show. I hope the song opens the second act after the farce has been established, because I don't think that its necessarily big enough for an act I finale.
Updated On: 3/14/11 at 01:06 PM
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Okay done now folks, get your sample songs while they're hot!
TBFL Profile PhotoTBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
HUGE THANKS!!! :)
Cant wait to see it in April
TBFL Profile PhotoTBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Any ideas why i cant get these to play in itunes??
It plays in anything else but the 1 i want!
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
They're encoded as AVI video files rather than as MP3s, so they don't play in iTunes.

Odd choice, MusicalBoy!
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh, Sorry, I'm kind of technologically stunted, basically, they're not actually on the CD as audio tracks, so you can only play them through a computer or DVD player, not through a walkman or a stereo, so I exported them ... I mean, someone else exported them from the DVD files and just did so through VideopadVideo Editor, there wasn't a choice as to what to make them, and if so, I probably missed it. Hope they can be of at least some good to you though!
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Just uploading to the youtube...they'll all be up soon so if anyone wants to rip the audio mp3 from there feel free!

Thank You So Much for uploading the files!!! Im incredibly excited for this show, love the score so far!
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oooh, you have much more courage than me, I've already had lots of videos refused from youtube and they get really touchy about it, so I wanted to steer clear of any chance mishaps in the copyright department,

But to be fair, for this show, any publicity is good publicity
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Haha well i put in the description "No Copyright Intended just want to promote" blah blah...if they take em down, we were only trying to help! :P
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
In fact, I think you're probably entitled to 50% of what they're paying for advertising!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bought my Telegraph at Paddington Station only then to be told it was only available at High Street branches!?!? Whats all that about? Didnt they just used to be inserted in the paper itself?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They worked great on iTunes, went straight into the playlist!

The six numbers, pleasant enough but i feel 'Betty Blue Eyes' wont be seen on the list of 10 most memorable British musicals in years to come!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5R8NF5M
Updated On: 3/18/11 at 01:39 PM
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They're quite nice, but all the same quite forgettable. I definitely think that GHOST sounds far more appealing!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend