MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #1
Posted: 3/2/11 at 10:38am
Fred And Gladys- The Musical.

Balls in the Air presents a new musical comedy,
'Fred & Gladys'.

Book and lyrics by Paul Tibbey & Mark Sims.
Music by Paul Tibbey.
The Landor Theatre, Clapham, south London.

30th March to 16th April 2011.

She called him Fred.
He called her Gladys.
The world knows them as Charles and Camilla.
Now this 'disrespectful ' musical tells the story of how their thirty year love affair survived secrecy, separation, public scorn and even the intervention of a certain Princess...

Directed by Paul Tibbey.
Musical Direction by Ross Leadbeater.
Updated On: 3/2/11 at 10:38 AM
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #2
Posted: 3/2/11 at 10:40am
Now this sounds much more fun than 'Betty Blue Eyes'!
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #2
Posted: 3/3/11 at 7:29pm
This looks jolly good!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #3
Posted: 3/3/11 at 7:54pm
Don't find the subject matter particularly appealing but at least it's a new show and would like to see it coz the musical director is a friend of mine. Unfortunately, yet again a fringe theatre production makes its first announcement so f***ing late it's impossible for someone like me who lives outside London to make the neccessary arrangements to get to see it! I can't understand why they seem to only target a local audience. I love fringe theatre - actually prefer it to West End overall. But I've missed so many shows I would really love to see simply because they don't advertise them soon enough for me to get there during their relatively short runs. Aaaarrrggghhh! Sorry - rant over lol.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #4
Posted: 3/3/11 at 7:58pm
I had this same conversation with somebody the other day, Bob! For example, The Menier need to announce ROAD SHOW already!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #5
Posted: 3/3/11 at 8:01pm
Right. But at least Road Show is likely to be around a 3 month run (which is the normal Menier run) so I have a fighting chance there. But when shows that only run for a month announce really late, I have no chance.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Carole4
Swing
Swing
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #6
Posted: 3/10/11 at 3:39am
This looks like a barrel of laughs. And the Landor is one of my favourite theatres in London, great view from all seats.
Landor Theatre
Carole4
Swing
Swing
Fred And Gladys- The Musical. #7
Posted: 4/2/11 at 9:37am
The first review is in:
Fred and Gladys is a wittily entertaining romp through the emotional helter-skelter of the Princes' love-life, skilfully performed and confidently staged. Tibbey and Sims are at their best with short rhymed lines that crystallise a feeling through witty juxtaposition. I look forward eagerly to buying the CD.
4**** The Times.

Page: 1