Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.bettyblueeyesthemusical.com/

Got to say wasnt wowed by the song clips
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The movie bored me witless and sounds like the score is likely to do the same.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That sounds awful
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think it sounds fabulous!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh. Dear.

Love George & Anthony, but this sounds like Tony Hatch wrote it in around 1975. Maybe it'll work better in context...
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, I thought it sounded as if it was written in 1945!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Well 1945 might be appropriate since that's (roughly) when it's set.

Plenty of good musicals have music that's unremarkable out of context, especially if it's some kind of pastiche. I'll wait and see. No real expectations for this one, going mostly because of the cast.
Updated On: 2/8/11 at 04:54 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know it's set in the 40s - but Cabaret is set in the 30s, yet the score still has an "edge" to it that does not sound as it were WRITTEN in the 30s. The "Betty" music just sounded SO bland and I was half expecting to hear George Formby or Gracie Fields. I know the clips are taken out of context - but you'd still expect them to choose what represents the BEST of the score to put on the website to try and promote the show.

Perhaps my judgement was a bit harsh but my initial reaction on hearing the clips was one of being totally underwhelmed. (But then I was totally underwhelmed by the scores for Mary Poppins, Honk, Just So, etc. too.) Just not my mug of tea, I guess.
Updated On: 2/8/11 at 05:04 PM
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
One of these songs is a love song to a pig. I suspect it works a lot better in context.

(also the Goodbye Austerity Britain track has no lyrics - is it just an instrumental piece?)
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree that it may hit the time period, but it is not doing anything very interesting with it in those extracts.

And a love song to a pig is so Cameron's sense of humour. Trouble is, he is not exactly known for home-grown musical comedy successes.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Nobody else thinks the "Betty Blue Eyes" song sounds really good, even if it is just a short preview?
Clark_MD Profile PhotoClark_MD Profile Photo
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I Love the film, and i think the samples sound absolutely fabulous!!!

Even more excited to see this one now!
The Artist Formally Known As 'Anon2'
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Im looking forward to this but have a sinking feeling about it I cant shake!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOVE the movie but this isn't sounding too good.
Hope its not a load of pig swill along the lines of his 'Moby Dick'!

Animatronic pigs on a West End stage? isn't that the land of Disney and Universal parks in the 80s and 90s?
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I couldn't stand all that pig nonsense in By Jeeves either!
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i am quite looking forward to it Betty Blue Eyes website updated with song samples me and some friends are going to see the show in may :) hope magic fingers is still in there!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
James1969 Profile PhotoJames1969 Profile Photo
James1969
Understudy
Understudy
Loved the tracks that Elaine played on her show on Sunday

Really looking forward to seeing the show on my annual marathon in the West End in June