Page: 1

Dare I Say it

AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dare I Say it#1
Posted: 1/17/11 at 4:52am
I think Wizard of Oz is going to be rather good!

I never get onboard with the hype of a TV cast show as I think its just money making ploy really and gaurentee seller...however, I think this new Wizard of Oz is going to look stunning and could really be something amazing. Broadway plans are already being spoken! It could beat the Lords Love Never Dies !
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Dare I Say it#2
Posted: 1/17/11 at 9:40am
I believe it is using a blue/yellow back screen, which will allow computer generated images/graphics to be used and this will add a very interesting dimension to the whole visual spectacle.
Lelana82
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Dare I Say it#2
Posted: 1/17/11 at 11:15am
I think it could potentially be brilliant.
*Theatre 2011* Salad Days, Flashdance, Footloose, Wicked, Swan Lake, Love Story, Spelling Bee, End Of The Rainbow, To Kill A Mockingbird, Ordinary Days, Million Dollar Quartet, Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Betty Blue Eyes, The Exonerated,Jekyll and Hyde, Precious Little Talent,Thrill Me, The Children's Hour, Priscilla, Jest End, We Will Rock You, Flare Path, Jersey Boys, Hamlet The Musical, Lord Of The Flies, Shrek, Edges, Lend Me A Tenor, Legally Blonde, Girlfriends, Belongings, She Loves Me, Shrek
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dare I Say it#3
Posted: 1/17/11 at 11:46am
I must say I haven't been following this at all. What's the song mix? Is it new songs added or all new songs?
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Dare I Say it#4
Posted: 1/17/11 at 11:51am
New songs added - so Over The Rainbow etc. are still in, but ALW and Tim Rice have written some new tunes.

I'm tentatively excited. Still not convinced that the film transfers well to the stage, but it should be pretty spectacular at least.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dare I Say it#5
Posted: 1/17/11 at 12:09pm
ALW has his talent in producing shows now*

*Except his own.