Page: 1

Tony Sheldon

ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon#1
Posted: 1/11/11 at 8:08am
I am planning on seeing the Broadway Priscilla. When I saw Priscilla in London, I missed Tony Sheldon by a week when he left the show. So I am seeing Priscilla again because my friend has not seen it, but mainly because many of you raved about his Bernadette. My question is this. How was his attendance during the run? There are many actors/actresses who never seem to miss a performance and then there are some who are out more than they are in. I would hate to miss him again. I am seeing this Tony week, so that is an extra for him to be in. Your thoughts?
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon#2
Posted: 1/11/11 at 9:06am
I think his attanedance was excellent. Other than holidays, I don't think he often missed performances.

I too am hoping to see him on Broadway - he was brilliant in London and in Australia.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon#2
Posted: 1/13/11 at 5:51am
The utter professional that is Tony Sheldon had to be forced to take his holidays during his year long run in London.
He missed a few shows due to dental work and that was it.
During the shows Australian seasons, two in Sydney and one in New Zealand, as the show played limited seasons holidays were not enforced.
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon#3
Posted: 1/14/11 at 3:42am
and reading a recent interview with Haydn Gwynne, she said that during her time on Broadway actors only get 2 weeks holiday a year, compared to 4 in London.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon#4
Posted: 1/14/11 at 5:09am
American workers in general only get 2 weeks annual leave. Mama, the show played its initial Sydney run then Melbourne then Auckland. This was followed by a return Sydney run. Don't forget Melbourne!
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon#5
Posted: 1/15/11 at 7:03pm
Yes Melbourne was where I first saw Tony Sheldon as Bernadette - what a momentous evening that turned out to be. Not many actors I'd travel continents for but he is definitely one. Can't wait for Broadway Tony Sheldon