Page: 1

It's over now, the Music of the Night...

ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#1
Posted: 12/11/10 at 12:34pm
It's over now, the Music of the Night...

Ramin Karimloo will be leaving the West-End production of Love Never Dies in March.

Mr. Karimloo confirmed via Twitter that after a year in the role, he would be stepping down.

"Howdy all, yes indeed, March 5. Final Phantom. As always when leaving a role, sad, exciting and scary. All part of the journey."

Does this mean he will take it elsewhere? Or let love die?

Updated On: 12/11/10 at 12:34 PM
soundofnuns Profile Photosoundofnuns Profile Photo
soundofnuns
Understudy
Understudy
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#2
Posted: 12/11/10 at 1:09pm
I thought he was going to Toronto with Love Never Dies?
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#2
Posted: 12/11/10 at 2:49pm
I don't believe anything is confirmed yet.
soundofnuns Profile Photosoundofnuns Profile Photo
soundofnuns
Understudy
Understudy
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#3
Posted: 12/11/10 at 3:51pm
I think I remember he said on Twitter he was going back to Canada. Could have been talking about a holiday though, I can't remember his exact words.
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#4
Posted: 12/11/10 at 5:39pm
Hmm, when I was at the show last month, someone asked him, and he said he had no plans to take the show anywhere yet, as he needs a rest.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Updated On: 12/11/10 at 05:39 PM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#5
Posted: 12/11/10 at 5:46pm
He has a great voice, but no way is he a leading man.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#6
Posted: 12/11/10 at 6:06pm
The only thing I found impressive when I saw LND (in fact the only thing that actually kept me from leaving at the interval) was Ramin's performance. He has awesome stage presence and truly incredible vocals and is IMO one of the few genuine star-quality leading men currently in the West End.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#7
Posted: 12/11/10 at 6:28pm
I disagree Phantom, I think Karimloo is the archetypal leading man. Not the strongest actor, but then nor was Caruso. Or Lanza.
philitalia2
Swing
Swing
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#8
Posted: 12/11/10 at 6:31pm
A bit of old news I'm afraid. Soundofnuns is right. Ramin Karimloo announced months ago on Twitter he would stay with LND in London till March, then take it to Toronto.
It says nothing about what will happen to the show after March.

Recently he's been suffering from neckpain ... if I'm not mistaken. Maybe that could be the reason he says he needs a rest.
MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#9
Posted: 12/12/10 at 5:59am
Neck Pain? God, what a baby.

Guess that means I have to go to London to see LND before march then, just so I can hear him sing Till I hear you sing, I love that song! Any news about Sierra leaving, cause I was kinda hoping that she'd do Rebecca at the Shaftesbury, and since Summer Strallen's gonna be off dancing by the end of 2011, I doubt if the show will survive next year.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#10
Posted: 12/12/10 at 6:16am
The new version (with new director, choreographer, set and costume designs) opens in Melbourne in May. Could he be headed to Australia? Wasn't the Toronto production postponed?
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#11
Posted: 12/12/10 at 7:26am
Sierra Boggess has also announced via Twitter that her last show will be 5th March too.
philitalia2
Swing
Swing
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#12
Posted: 12/12/10 at 7:51am
By the time they leave the show they will have been with the show for a year. That's all fairly standard and is no indication of the show's future.

I'm curious to read the reviews after the 20th and I wonder if ticket sales pick up ... but I fear it's too late. Also Sunset Blvd had a re-launch, but never really took off.

Does Sierra really use Twitter these days ? Until recently the account in her name was a fake.

bwaybound2010
Swing
Swing
It's over now, the Music of the Night...#13
Posted: 12/13/10 at 8:32pm
Does Sierra really use Twitter these days ? Until recently the account in her name was a fake.

I'd hope so since she tweets at Ramin, Summer, and Joseph Milson all the time. From what I've been able to gather, all of the principles are leaving March 5th.

As of now the Toronto production of LND is cancelled, but apparently Ramin is going to Canada on a visit. And I know hes been having vocal problems in addition to the neck issues, and I believe there have been problems with his back as well? He's had a rough few months.

I can't imagine the frustration of that cast having essentially learned a new show on at least three different occasions. I'm sure they are all just tired and ready to bid it farewell.

But I seriously doubt the show lasts very far beyond March. Most of the people who seem to love it do so because of the current principle cast.

Page: 1