Page: 1

Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011

MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011#1
Posted: 12/9/10 at 7:34pm
Cheers from the Lyttelton stalls this evening as Judi Dench announced (or let the cat out of the bag?) that she will be involved with Sondheim on Sondheim when it comes to London next year! When talking about it she said "I'll be back here", though I'm not sure if "here" meant in London or specifically at the National.

Either way, thought some of you might be pleased to know 'bout that. Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011
JOak Profile PhotoJOak Profile Photo
JOak
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011#2
Posted: 12/9/10 at 8:02pm
Thank you. Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011Don't know where, but I read every week there will be a different musical theatre star in the show. It will be awesome!
Post your cast ideas.
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011#2
Posted: 12/10/10 at 8:04am
I rather assumed 'here' meant the National but we will see.

What about Julia McKenzie doing a short stint too?
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011#3
Posted: 12/10/10 at 12:29pm
anything sondheim or anything judi prob would've done the trick, the 2 together at the National, can it open tomorrow and I'll watch it everyday in 2011?????
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
JOak Profile PhotoJOak Profile Photo
JOak
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011#4
Posted: 12/10/10 at 6:34pm
Julia McKenzie would be absolutely perfect, even better would be if they can bring Millicent Martin along. Who else thinks they can play Hattie and Carlotta respectively in the rumoured Follies?
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sondheim on Sondheim - London 2011#5
Posted: 12/13/10 at 4:28am
No doubt if Sonia Friedman is still producing, Maria will be involved. Judi Dench, Maria Friedman and Julia McKenzie sound good to anybody else?

Also, keeping my fingers crossed that Michael Arden will be involved, seeing that he was set for Broadway then dropped out. Maybe he'll get bakc on the wagon for the London production of this show.
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II