Page: 1

where to eat...

abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
where to eat...#1
Posted: 11/24/10 at 3:10pm
I've persuaded my work colleagues (7 or 8 of us) to see Priscilla on 16 Dec as part of our Xmas meeting/social.

Any recommendations as to where to eat around there before or after the show, apart from the obvious Chinese restaurants ( although that may be the outcome!).....maybe Italian, reasonable price so there's money left for drink...
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
where to eat...#2
Posted: 11/24/10 at 4:35pm
There's a lovely theatre restaurant down on the Strand, but I suppose it's a bit far away for you.

There is a lovely Italian restaturant just around the corner from the Palace...a bit further down to Leicester Square, and I really would be of more use if I could remember the name of it! xD
abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
where to eat...#2
Posted: 11/25/10 at 2:43am
Thanks..(I think!)

I've found a place called Bistro 1 on Frith St, just round the corner Pretty cheap, can eat late, decent reviews....any comments?
philitalia Profile Photophilitalia Profile Photo
philitalia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
where to eat...#3
Posted: 11/25/10 at 2:58am
Opposite the Palace there's a Pizza Hut and a wine bar.
Cross Shaftesbury Ave and walk into "Chinatown". Plenty of cheap restaurants there.
Walk alongside the Palace into Old Compton Street ... again plenty of choice of restaurants.

Here are my 2 favourites :
Walk into the direction St Martin's theatre. 3 minute walk or so and you're at The Ivy ! Not cheap, but wonderful food.
If you continue your walk in the direction of the Donmar Warehouse there's Belgo. Nice Belgian food en fantastic beers.
Updated On: 11/25/10 at 02:58 AM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
where to eat...#4
Posted: 11/25/10 at 3:31am
I know it's a big chain but whenever my parents visit we go to Bella Italia, always get beautiful food and great service.
philitalia Profile Photophilitalia Profile Photo
philitalia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
where to eat...#5
Posted: 11/25/10 at 4:16am
If you include the big chains I like Garfunkel's and Café Rouge. They are all over the place. Both take online reservations (may be a good idea for a group in that part of London).