Page: 1

My Vagabond Shoes Are Starting To Stray......

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
back to New York, New York! Just a week to go and I'll be off to NYC for my Fall season theatre spree(and will be meeting up with POL for part of the trip). All my tickets are now booked - and I can't wait! My hectic schedule is as follows:
Monday 15: FLASHDANCE (in London the night b4 I fly out)
Wednesday 17 mat: MEMPHIS
Wednesday 17 eve: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Thursday 18: [TITLE OF SHOW] (George St Playhouse, New Brunwswick NJ)
Friday 19: NEW YORK POPS SONDHEIM 80TH BIRTHDAY CONCERT AT CARNEGIE HALL
Saturday 20 mat: WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
Saturday 20 eve: WEST SIDE STORY
Sunday 21 mat: THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS
Sunday 21 eve: BREAK OF NOON (Off-Broadway play by Neil LaBute starring David Duchovny)
Monday 22: NEXT TO NORMAL
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What a week!

I'm totally jealous you're going to the Sondheim concert, and having missed out on N2N last time I was in NY I'd be interested to know what you think.

I'm also jealous that you're seeing 'Break of Noon' but I must confess mainly because I was a big X files geek! So annoyed I'm missing this by about a week when I'm in NY next!!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"having missed out on N2N last time I was in NY I'd be interested to know what you think."

Oh, I've already seen Next To Normal 3 times! IMO it is one of the greatest pieces of musical theatre ever written - simply stunning in every way (I'm in total awe of Brian Yorkey's writing and Tom Kitt's music). But this time I'll be seeing Marin Mazzie, having already seen Alice Ripley (one of the greatest performances I've ever seen on stage). If you're going to be in New York before N2N closes, KILL for a ticket.

And I'm really excited about the Sondheim concert - especially as I did not know about it before I'd booked all my shows for the trip - and have only been able to get it booked now because Spiderman was cancelled (Sondheim rather than Spidey means I'm not that disappointed lol). Especially looking forward to it as one of the soloists, Aaron Lazar, recorded a song from one of my shows a couple of weeks ago.

THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 11/9/10 at 07:51 AM
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
That's a great recomendation-it was high on my list for January anyway!

I think trading Sondheim for Spidey is trading up! Though I must admit I'd probably have booked for Spidey too My Vagabond Shoes Are Starting To Stray......

I've never seen Lazar in anything but heard many good things-so great he recorded for you and you're also getting to see him in that!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
have a fab time Bob x
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Remember- sensible shoes!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks SADM. And mama - everything about me is sensible lol.