Page: 1

Flashdance, hit or flop

RaisedOnMusicals Profile PhotoRaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance, hit or flop#1
Posted: 10/18/10 at 9:59pm
So over here in the US, we don't hear very much about how shows are doing in the West End. I've seen the Flashdance reviews, but do you think this show is destined to be a hit or a flop?
CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance, hit or flop#2
Posted: 10/18/10 at 10:19pm
Time will tell.
The cold winters in London can be harsh on shows that get mixed reviews as they do in NY.
Of course UK winters are no where near as harsh as in New York (I'm preparing my self for a weeks visit in Novemeber!).
We'll have to wait and see on this one although I do know the advance is very slow-not a good sign.
Shows like this ('Fame', 'Footloose') have always done well in the provinces so if 'Flashdance' disappears in a flash you can be certain it will have a long life touring the UK for a year or 2.

Updated On: 10/18/10 at 10:19 PM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance, hit or flop#2
Posted: 10/19/10 at 3:51am
Obviously bad reviews don't help a show but I don't think that mixed or even bad reviews can guarantee a show will flop in the UK (the bad reviews certainly did not stop Les Mis from being a hit). I'm not saying that Flashdance is another Les Mis by any means but it's too early to tell yet how it will fare in the long run. All I know is I am looking forward to seeing it in a month's time.

Mama - when r u gonna be in New York? I'll be there from November 16 to 23 (after seeing Flashdance on the 15th!) - and POL will be there too up till the 21st.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 10/19/10 at 03:51 AM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance, hit or flop#3
Posted: 10/19/10 at 10:16am
The reviews for Flashdance were pretty good when compared to Fame, Saturday Night Fever etc, they were about on par with Sister Acts.

I got told the advance was healthy but not great
I think it will play fine through its limited season
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance, hit or flop#4
Posted: 10/19/10 at 11:49am
I think the reviews were quite decent apart from 1, lot better received than I thought.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance, hit or flop#5
Posted: 10/19/10 at 3:23pm
Given Fame ran as long as it did, Flashdance could be around for a long time.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian