Page: 1

Ghost Stories Rambles On & On & On Zzzzz

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghost Stories Rambles On & On & On Zzzzz#1
Posted: 9/14/10 at 7:35am
'Ghost Stories' at the Duke Of York has proved to be the surprise success of the summer. Its been constantly selling out at many performances and has now been given an extra 3 months to its original limited run.

The show will now close Feb 20th 2011.

On Saturday Oct 30th there will be a midnight performance specially put together for Halloween night.

The producers are looking to present the show from next year on a 3 day a week schedule at a major West End house playing late night shows on Friday and Saturday and a Sunday matinee.

Updated On: 12/10/10 at 07:35 AM
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#2
Posted: 9/14/10 at 7:41am
They are selling 2 seats for the midnight matinee for £60 each in the upper circle. These will be the only two seats sold in this circle!! Now THAT would freak me out.

Imagine having this and Woman in Black playing the same theatre! That would be pretty awesome.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#2
Posted: 9/14/10 at 7:48am
I'm seriously think of seeing this at one of the Saturday shows this week- worth it?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#3
Posted: 9/14/10 at 7:56am
I haven't been able to catch it yet, it's never on TKTS. Think my friends and I are going to go once we start term properly.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#4
Posted: 9/14/10 at 8:44am
They are selling 2 seats for the midnight matinee for £60 each in the upper circle. These will be the only two seats sold in this circle!! Now THAT would freak me out.

I would TOTALLY DO THAT if only it weren't £60. Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer

Mama, it's quite Marmitey. Some people find it frightening, some people don't. Some people think it's a good play anyway, some people think it's a load of rubbish. I personally think it's unsettling rather than frightening, and I think it's a good play even though it's not as scary as I hoped it would be. But of course, it's all subjective. A lot of people don't find it that scary, and some people say it's bad, and a lot of *those* people say it's bad because it's not scary. XD

Don't go in expecting to be frightened, judge it on its own terms, and draw your own conclusions. But it's definitely worth a look, however you may or may not be ultimately moved by it. :)
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#5
Posted: 9/14/10 at 8:51am
I'll settle for unsettling.
Thanks for that, I must say that I've heard basically only good things about, not total raves but that its 'fun'!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#6
Posted: 9/19/10 at 6:07am
Saw the 9.30 show last night.
Very dissapoimting.
An incredibly lame peice of theatre that certainly isnt of West End quality. Thank god it wasnt longer than 80mins as I starting nodding off...
AND THEN in the last few seconds it seemed I was sitting in the worst seat in the house for frights! Those who have seen it at the Duke Of Yorks will know what I mean but I, and only me, screamed like a girl and jumped out of my skin- I had to apologize to the guy next to me! Biggest laugh of the night- probably at my expense.
It still isnt something I will recomend people to see unless they have nothing else on their list!

Updated On: 9/20/10 at 06:07 AM
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#7
Posted: 10/1/10 at 7:20am
Reece Shearsmith takes over lead role in 'Ghost Stories' at the Duke of York's Theatre from 9 Nov 2010.

Best known for his role in 'The League of Gentlemen', Reece Shearsmith will replace Andy Nyman as Professor Philip Goodman from 9th Nov 2010 until 8th Jan 2011. His other screen credits include 'Psychoville' and film 'Shaun of The Dead'.
Reece Shearsmith said: ďIíve been to see Ghost Stories a number of times and itís absolutely fantastic. Itís really dark and scary but full of laughs as well so itís exactly my sort of show...Jeremy and I have known each for years from 'The League of Gentlemen' and itís great to be working with him again. Iím really looking forward to taking over the role and being part of such a unique and entertaining West End show.Ē
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#8
Posted: 12/10/10 at 10:31am
Extended thr June 26th
Load of rubbish!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer#9
Posted: 12/10/10 at 10:41am
Oh no! A show that people are enjoying enough to warrant an extension is extending! How very dare it! Ghoulies To Hang Around A Bit Longer