Page: 1

Help Me West End World

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Help Me West End World#1
Posted: 9/7/10 at 12:13pm
So, as some may know my company have the UK premiere productions of the amazing Charles Busch camp classics Die Mommoe Die and Psycho Beach Party. We open these 2 shows in Manchester for 1 week each next March.

These shows are such a big deal for a company like us though that we dont want them just to end there. We want to get them to London to a small fringe venue and do a similar run to what we are doing in Manchester.

So, does anybody know some really great (VERY VERY CHEAP) London fringe venues where these could go. Best to be central as possible and the venues have a good built in audience.

Thanks always
Craig xx
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Help Me West End World#2
Posted: 9/7/10 at 12:28pm
I don't know how much these places charge in rent but you could try:

Union Theatre (in Southwark)
Upstairs at the Gatehouse (in Highgate - although they like revivals more than new stuff)
King's Head Theatre (in Islington)
Landor Theatre (in Stockwell)
Above The Stag Theatre (near Victoria; focuses on gay theatre, don't know if that's suitable for camp shows?)

These are all pretty much pub theatre studio spaces with only around 60 seats each; don't know if that suits you size wise?
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Help Me West End World#2
Posted: 9/7/10 at 1:10pm
Some fab suggestions there, i like the sound of Above The Stag Theatre

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Help Me West End World#3
Posted: 9/7/10 at 3:12pm
I did my show "Based On A True Story" at the Jermyn Street theatre in January - small space but still bigger than Above The Stag or Union or Landor. And it's very central - just off Picadilly Circus. Not sure what your budget is - it cost 380 a night including their own lighting guy (who was great). But that was just for a 1 night run - not sure how far in advance you'd have to get your booking in for a longer run.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 9/7/10 at 03:12 PM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Help Me West End World#4
Posted: 9/7/10 at 3:58pm
I saw 'Based on a True Story' at Jermyn Street and was thinking that would be the perfect venue, seats 70, I Googled that and saw they had there own website, so might as well include the link.

http://www.jermynstreettheatre.co.uk/hire.html

Or how about the New players theatre, which is the most central in London.It has 275 seats.

http://www.newplayerstheatre.com/london/default/index.asp

DeNada you done a amazing list, I have not really heard of these theatres.

SADM if you are really serious I hear The Lord is selling Drury Lane.

Whatever you do I look forward to coming to see one or both of your shows.