Page: 1

Micky re joins Londons Hair Spray's national tour!

Micky joins Hair Spray in Dublin,Ireland from Nov. 16-27,2010 at the Grand Canal Theatre. Also he will join them in the UK , Dec. 14-23,2010 at the Playhouse in Edinburgh.

Wish I could see Micky do his dance and song Wilbur Turnblad. Anyone see the west end production before it ended?
Updated On: 9/3/10 at 04:21 PM
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm sure you're a nice guy, but Hair Spray??
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and yes many of us will know who micky is but not all of us will! it could be one of 2 people in my opinion!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mickey Dolenz?
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yes mama as i believe he is doing the tour at some point!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
He was wonderful in the westend and is bound to be a hit on tour.

Anyone seen Michael stark as Edna? Or heard how he's doing?
abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
MD is in it for a while..he's in when it reaches Norwich spring next year

I didn't notice he was in in London

mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Well maybe he is good in Hairspray but he was DIRE in Aida!

I finally go to see it when they had a replacement Aida who sang the original keys (Deborah Cox) and this man stunk up the stage and gurned out his two songs.

Awful. But then Hairspray is a totally different ask so maybe he is a better fit.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Micky joined West Ends Hair Spray in February unfortunatly the production ended its run in March with Micky as Wilbur Turnblad. People seeing it said he brought down the house. The production has been on a national tour sence june i believe Micky had been unable to join them till this November and December. Do to his comitment to the 25th Anuversarty Happy Together he has been tourng with this summer. Which he was permoting his new ablum that just has been released "king for a day". The date i posted prevously are so far the only ones listed. Its possible they may be working one one for Eurwich. The tour anucemnt insinutated they want to go into 2011 with this tour. Wether it does i would say is wait and see game.

As for Aida their are people who are disapponted with him in his broadway performance because he didnt sing the high notes. unless your talklng about his national touring of the role of Zosar? From what I read Micky worked with s vocal coach for the broadway performance and was advised against stretching his voice to that length. He had also been sick to previous to that why finishing the monkees renuion tour. And was still getting over it I would say. He did interviews at the time were you could here him still coughing quiet a bit. Poor guy. He still loves to remind people he did Aida in his interviews and such, he seems quiet proud of it. There are a lot people who loved micky in it as well as pippin. Micky was King in Pippin in Canada also. Another production that a had people who werent happy with changes made to the play. Thety didnt want Pippin improved upon. Yet it got great reviews in the us. i saw video clips of the peoduction an thought they were rather good.

Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Another week has been added to national tour of hair spray.

the uk, edinburgh date has another week added to it. hair spray will be at the play house from Jan. 2-9 ,2011. with micky in the cast.

i wish they would bring the prodcution to the us. rats.
keithp Profile Photokeithp Profile Photo
keithp
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
The UK tour of Hairspray already has many dates announced well into next year, some of which will feature Dolenz.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yes as it stands bristol in April is the last stop, its Michaels last stop but wouldnt be surprised if the tour continued for a second round.
mrkringas Profile Photomrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh I didn't expect him to belt out the B flat in one of his songs but ALL of his singing was just plain horrible when I saw him in Aida on Broadway. And yes its not a great part but he lowered the bar.

I have have seen dozens of shows on Broadway and yet to see any bad singing like him. Whereas in London and UK tours we seem to accept our "names" with their weak voices and lack of musicality.
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Bristol really? Last time I looked on the tour page it was up to January dates and not all had Micky listed as being in the cast. I don't see an April date on the web page just went back and looked. But then that may be one Micky isnt going to be with them. His UK tour list only has him in the UK in January. He probably won't be with it to long sence he still loves to do his concerts in the US.

Ok give the man a break about his voice. His new album was brilliant. Micky had a great voice. He just dosent hit lot of very high notes. He was doing what he was directed to do according to his Aidia intreviews at that time. Like I said he had been sick too. Micky does have a hell of voice it just depends on how you look at it. :)
Ria2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Thanks for the info. I wonder if the production will go way into the summer touring? They got some pretty good reviews in Ireland!
Ria2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Micky Dolenz and Michael Ball are also confirmed for the London stop of the tour at the New Wimbledon Theatre 15 Mar - 26 Mar 2011