Spotted on the streets of London

jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#1
Posted: 7/13/10 at 7:32am
Because the broadway board has one!
Jodie Prenger in Covent Garden, Miriam Margoyles in Victoria, and Emma Barton in a small little shop!
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#2
Posted: 7/13/10 at 9:03am
Peter Davison - Walking from Savoy down the strand, he stopped and looked in the window of the shop that stocks vintage doctor who items, stared for a minute or two, then sulked off, when I passed I realized why, he was one of the only people to play the role who didnt have some sort of memorabilia in the window!
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Spotted on the streets of London#2
Posted: 7/13/10 at 11:41am
ha ha, he should have gone in and moved a figure of himself to the window!

Spotted Peter Stringfellow in Covent Garden last time I was in London.

I also once got very excited about seeing Michael Palin on the strand, sadly none of the people I was with shared my excitment!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Spotted on the streets of London#3
Posted: 7/13/10 at 12:39pm
Not that many, actually, unless you count actors going in or out of the theatre they're working in, in which case I've seen loads! I also saw Richard E. Grant running quite fast along the South Bank towards the National Theatre a few months ago.

Not a theatre person as such (unless being an "expert" on Newsnight Review counts), but I've seen Michael "miserable pipsqueak" Gove around London three times in as many months. Hope it won't happen again. Spotted on the streets of London
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#4
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:29pm
Dominic Cooper sat on a deckchair outside the National last summer.

A surprising amount of people at the Young Vic a week or so ago, including Lenora Crichlow and a former Histories ensemble member. XD
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#5
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:56pm
caroline quentin in 7 dials with her daughter and james dreyfus in the pub oppersit dress circle Spotted on the streets of London
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#6
Posted: 7/13/10 at 4:17pm
Me and Musical-Matt bumped into Cameron Mackintosh on our way to Avenue Q a few years back!!

legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#7
Posted: 7/13/10 at 4:17pm
ive seen quite a few around but the most embarassing was when i went to see Wicked, just before Adam Garcia left, so about a year and a half ago? Anyway walk across the road, turn around to see where the friends are and they on the otherside still, i shout them over, turn to walk and bump straight into Adama Garcia, hands out placed nicely on his chest! i loved it obviously but was way too embarassed. he laughed it off and asked if i was ok, pat on the back and off he went. i died a little inside....
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#8
Posted: 7/13/10 at 4:19pm
I'm always being spotted on the street!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#9
Posted: 7/13/10 at 4:49pm
My personal favourite (note how iv'e wrote my 3 experiences in different posts to make it seem my life is more exciting) was on the closing night of Drowsy Chaperone. It was one eventful night, first of all, at the stage door me and my friend Emily got chatting to these two teenage girls and this younger girl (must of been under 10) and we were talking about the show and the cast, espec Summer Strallen as I am a huge fan o her work. About 10 minutes later, we were chatting to the little girl and playing around, and she casually said "I wonder how much longer auntie summer will be??" Me and emily shared a look of confusion, at which point her mother turned around and said "I expect not long now!" Low and behold, her mother was Bonnie Langford, we were shocked, and then we later found out the two teenage girls we had been chatting too for about 15 minutes were Summer and Scarlett's younger sisters, Saskia and Zizi! Oh the humility!

To top the whole night off, we had to run back to Waterloo too catch the 11:05 train as 2AM the following morning I was going to the south of france with my school, just as we had crossed the waterloo bridge, we were running down the stairs outside The National Theatre, ran around the corner, and literally bumped into (and almost knocked over) Helen Mirren who was dressed glamorously and surrounded by some very well presented men! They were on there way out of watching something at the national, and we were embarrassed as hell! If we had, had the time, we would of stopped to apologise, however, we would of missed our train!! WOOPS!
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#10
Posted: 7/13/10 at 5:30pm
i forgot we bumped into cam! i have met don black, stephen sondheim, andrew lloyd webber, lee mead, tom soloman, charles hart, richard stilgo and many more Spotted on the streets of London
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spotted on the streets of London#11
Posted: 7/14/10 at 4:04pm
Spotted at the next table:

Kevin Spacey (Joe Allens)

Daniel Evans (Blue Moon Cafe - Sheffield)

Tom Goodman-Hill (Med Kitchen)

Douglas Hodge (in that cafe that does nice cakes on the road down from Charing Cross to Embankment - can't remember it's name)

Will Young (Mr Thomas's Chop House - Manchester)
Updated On: 7/14/10 at 04:04 PM