Page: 4

SHREK -The Musical. Theatre Royal, Drury Lane 2011

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Simply cant wait to see 'Ghost' as I'm getting daily updates on it and sounds like one hell of a show thats coming to town.
ĄShrek' I loved in New York and I cant wait see what the big changes are for the London production.
I hope it does well.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I LAUGHED, and had a lot of FUN! Thats all you can expect from this sort of show really. Scaled down since New York but I really enjoyed it.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Had a feeling they'd use the tour set, do the cast aside from Shrek use American accents or their normal accents?

Seeing on Monday so looking forward to it as I love the songs and a fan of the first film,
PortalGamer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I am very shocked the leading man cannot sing cannot . I also think Michael Ball, anyone Mr Hensley would be better
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sadly the dragon broke down last night!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just read through this thread.

Always with Bob it's either love or hate. SHREK -The Musical. Theatre Royal, Drury Lane 2011
linda14 Profile Photolinda14 Profile Photo
linda14
Swing
Swing
http://www.musicaltheatrenews.com
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah, Scripps - and actually I love most shows. There are only about half a dozen shows I've ever seen that I really hated. Unfortunately this is one of them lol.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA*** ELEGIES FOR ANGELS PUNKS AND RAGING QUEENS**** AMOUR*****
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have to agree with Bob on this one. Tesori has proved with Caroline or Change and even a couple songs here that she can write fantastic music, but Shrek just doesn't come together for me. I'll see it if someone offers me comps, but can't find the motivation to put money into seeing it.

Maybe Cameron will get his Saigon anniversary revival after all...
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
"I never watch ANY animated movies, just can't find them credible enough to enjoy" really Bob?!? That's a wide net you are throwing there..... a very wide net. Animated movies can be (and are often) beautiful, and in many ways more credible that a lot of live-action films.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not saying animated movies can't be any good - just that I don't like them. Sorry - just personal taste, I just can't believe in them, never have liked them, even as a kid.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA*** ELEGIES FOR ANGELS PUNKS AND RAGING QUEENS**** AMOUR*****
rjm516
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved this show on Broadway and I was looking forward to seeing it on my next London trip. I'm sad that the leading man is not good, because Brian D'Arcy James was just incredible. He made "Who I'd Be" such a beautiful, sad, and wistful song that it was just really surprisingly moving. Everyone else I've heard sing it just doesn't do it justice. Also, it is TERRIBLE on the cast album, with that reggae-ish percussion throughout, I hate it. I think it has been performed at a faster rhythm too and that is just a bad idea. Has anyone else seen it? It just started last night, right?
Updated On: 5/7/11 at 11:23 AM