Page: 1

Fabulous Tony Sheldon interview from The Australian

Khashoggi Profile PhotoKhashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical
TIGGOSAURUS Profile PhotoTIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
That was a lovely interview, thanks for posting it. I'm still of the opinion that few, if any, actors are more deserving of taking a particular show to Broadway than Tony Sheldon is with Priscilla. Talk about a road trip!

It will be fascinating to see how the show evolves in its North American incarnation. If I'm honest I can foresee a critical mauling on Broadway but I am very hopeful of a populist triumph. (And I'm pretty positive Mr Sheldon will garner positive notices, no matter what the overall tenor of the reviews). The show is such a crowd-pleaser and I encountered many US visitors who seemed to think so too on my frequent 'bus trips' last year.

BTW, is Matt Cavaunagh definitely still attached to the show?
Seen some shows in my time....
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I totally agree with you. This man deserves all the praise he has had so far and more when this show arrives across the pond.
The London production was being tweeked here and there to suit American audiences many months ago.
I honestly see it getting a hard time in New York, lets just hope its one of those shows where the public ignore the hard nosed NY critics.
It deserves a run equal to 'Mamma Mia' or more.
Khashoggi Profile PhotoKhashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I'm also hoping that the fact that this show is going to Broadway, with Mr. Sheldon in the lead, gets the appropriate coverage from the press down under! It is truly a huge coup for Australian musical theatre.
I could not be more proud of Tony, and I'm sure he will have huge success in New York, it sounds like fate that he is taking this show to Broadway.
"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I could cry!
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Why so sad Mama?? :-?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No darling, tears of happiness that Tony is going to Broadway!
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Ah well, I can empathise with shedding tears over Mr S. I just can't wait for him to take New York by storm next year!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend