Page: 1

London Olympics Mascot: Wenlock & Mandeville

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/picturegalleries/7740806/In-pictures-London-2012-Olympic-mascots-Wenlock-and-Mandeville-are-launched.html

Ok... so what do you guy? I LOVE it... NOT! These two things are some ugly ass creatures! So how do you feel that they are representing you & your city/country with that ugly logo (which is like genius in comparison to its mascot)???

Sorry... abit angry/annoyed/disappointed/disgusted here...
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its the bloody Teletubbies - on the cheap!

Go on World, laugh at the UK yet again!
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What with that hideous logo and now this - someone has completely lost the plot!
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In the defense of the IOC, has anyone really ever seen a GOOD, I mean a very good Olympic mascot?
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think it's excellent having the Olympics logo as a pair of cartoon condoms. That way, my favourite sport is now included!
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Frankly... who gives a toss? They're kids' mascots, no better or worse than the Hello Kitty ripoffs for China or that hideous THING that the Americans put together for the Atlanta olympics (go through all those photos and there are some interesting interpretations!)

Those mascots don't represent the UK. They represent the Olympics. The Olympics is a great thing for the UK to be hosting - but to think of anything tied in with it as being representative of the country, rather than the great athletic tradition, is a mistake IMO.

Plus blah blah diverting arts funding from the theatre blah blah.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Grrrrrr
PastorErnst Profile PhotoPastorErnst Profile Photo
PastorErnst
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Am I the only one who likes them? Apparently...
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Plus blah blah diverting arts funding from the theatre blah blah

But it's true and the next 18 months is going to see a bloodbath in the regions if we are not careful
DeNada
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Don't get me wrong; I'm worried about arts cuts. A company I sort-of worked for went bankrupt after the Arts Council cuts in '08. But the money for the Olympics has to come from [i]somewhere[/i], and that somewhere isn't going to be frontline services.

IF the Olympics can pull off this "cultural olympiad", whatever that is, which is supposed to incorporate ALL the arts, then that will go some way towards mitigating the inevitable budget slashes as part of the Condem's efficiency savings and the siphoning off of theatre money. For the regional houses it's small consolation as I doubt they'll see the benefit, but it's better than nothing.