Page: 1

Tony and Will Show

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony and Will Show#1
Posted: 5/18/10 at 2:53am
Olivier Award nominee Tony Sheldon and Tony Award nominee Will Swenson will star in the North American company of Priscilla Queen of the Desert The Musical, which will play a limited engagement this fall in Toronto prior to arriving on Broadway in spring 2011 at a theatre to be announced.

The new musical, written by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott and directed by Simon Phillips, will begin its 12-week run at Toronto's The Princesss of Wales Theatre Oct. 12 with an official opening Oct. 26. Broadway dates are pending.

The cast will also feature C. David Johnson (Bob), James Brown III (Jimmy), Nathan Lee Graham (Miss Understanding), J. Elaine Marcos (Cynthia), Jessica Phillips (Marion), Steve Schepis (Farrah), Keala Settle (Shirley), Divas Jacqueline Arnold and Anastacia McCleskey and Nick Adams, Thom Allison, Kyle Brown, Joshua Buscher, Susan Dunstan, David Lopez, Eric Sciotto, Bryan West, Wayne Wilcox and Tad Wilson. Additional principal casting will be announced shortly
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony and Will Show#2
Posted: 5/20/10 at 6:51pm
I can't begin to express how excited I am that the wonderful, brilliant Tony Sheldon will get to make his Broadway debut as Bernadette. I can't think of an actor who deserves it more - to get the chance to premiere in both the West End and Broadway is no more than he deserves for his brilliant performance. There aren't many actors I'd travel the world for, but Tony sure is one. I saw him on Oz and in London and I will be sure to see him on Broadway. If I could, I'd squeeze in Toronto too.

megs1122 Profile Photomegs1122 Profile Photo
megs1122
Stand-by
Stand-by
Tony and Will Show#2
Posted: 5/20/10 at 7:07pm
Toronto is home, but am living in London right now...going home for Christmas has just become a major priority!!! Loved Tony here in London and can't wait to see him again! Will is just a fabulous added bonus. Interested who will be cast as Felicia?!
Shows seen in 2011: Rock of Ages (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 7 Oct), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 1 Sep), Cirque du Soleil: Zarkana (Broadway, Radio City Music Hall - 26 Aug), RENT (Broadway, New World Stages - 25 Aug), Hair (Broadway, St. James Theatre - 24 Aug), The Book of Mormon (Broadway *WON LOTTO*, Eugene O'Neill Theatre - 24 Aug), Dress Circle Benefit Gala (WE, Her Majesty's Theatre - 7 Aug), Derren Brown: Svengali (WE, Shaftesbury Theatre - 6 July), Lend me a Tenor the Musical (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 3 June), Lord of the Flies (WE, Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park - 2 June), In a Forest Dark and Deep (WE, Vaudeville Theatre - 31 May), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 28 May), The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (WE, Gielgud Theatre - 2 May), Priscilla Queen of the Desert (WE, Palace Theatre - 29 Apr), Les Miserables (WE, Queens Theatre - 20 Apr), Thrill me (WE, Tristan Bates Theatre - 14 Apr), Ghost the Musical (Manchester, Opera House - 13 Apr), Million Dollar Quartere (WE, Noel Coward Theatre - 5 Apr), The Lion King (WE, Lyceum Theatre - 16 Mar), The Exonerated (WE, Charing Cross Theatre - 15 Mar), The Children's Hour (WE, Comedy Theatre - 14 Mar), Clybourne Park (WE, Wyndhams Theatre - 12 Mar), Company (WE, Southwark Playhouse - 12 Mar), The 25th annual putnam county spelling bee (WE, Donmar - 2 March), Jersey Boys (WE, Prince Edward Theatre - 11 Feb), Million Dollar Quartet (WE, Noel Coward - 9 Feb), Love Story (WE, Duchess Theatre - 7 Feb), Lance Horne:First things last (WE, Garrick Theatre - 30 Jan), La Boheme (WE, Soho Theatre - 29 Jan), Legally Blonde (WE, Savoy Theatre - 10.Jan)
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony and Will Show#3
Posted: 5/21/10 at 5:55am
If they have any sense now they really should pack Adams bag and get him over there!
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony and Will Show#4
Posted: 5/21/10 at 3:49pm
You mean Oliver Thornton? I thought it interesing that Adam/Felicia not yet cast. I wouldn't mind betting they are trying hard to secure him for Broadway but will Equity allow two stars to not be from the US?

Mind you we have a whole Broadway cast in London for Hair so you never know??
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony and Will Show#5
Posted: 5/21/10 at 4:07pm
Sorry doll, i meant Oliver!
If they think he isn't a 'star' name I'm sure we can run up a list of 'stars' they've sent us in very recent times!
Lets face it, after the audience fall in love with Tony how can they not with Oliver's performance, its incredible, esp if you knew him 2 years ago. NOBODY would have said he would have given that performance you see now
Updated On: 5/21/10 at 04:07 PM
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tony and Will Show#6
Posted: 5/21/10 at 4:43pm
Yeah have to agree with Oliver, I never thought I would say he was actually good in a role (shocking in Les Mis and Phantom, ok in Rent), but he has found his perfect match in Priscilla and rightly deserves recognition