Page: 1

Christmas With Me And My Girl, Oi!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christmas With Me And My Girl, Oi!#1
Posted: 5/14/10 at 4:35am
A major new production of the quintessentially English musical comedy 'Me and My Girl' will launch from Sheffield this Christmas.
Directed by Anna Mackmin and choreographed by Olivier Award winner Stephen Mear,
It plays the Sheffield Crucible from 9th Dec with previews from 2nd Dec and will run until 29th Jan 2011

'Me and My Girl' has music by Noel Gay and lyrics by L Arthur Rose and Douglas Furber who also jointly wrote the book, which was revised in 1984 by actor-writer-comedian Stephen Fry with contributions by Mike Ockrent. The score includes “The Lambeth Walk”, “The Sun Has Got Its Hat On” and the title song.

The musical premiered at the West End’s Savoy Theatre in 1937. The 1984 production, for which Fry made his revisions, ran first at the Leicester Haymarket before transferring to the West End and on to Broadway, running for more than eight years.
That production famously starred Robert Lindsay and Emma Thompson as the smitten couple.
Lindsay won an Olivier and a Tony Award for his performance.

Over the past few years, there have been several attempts at bringing 'Me and My Girl' back into the West End, including a rumoured revival at the Menier Chocolate Factory.
This forthcoming production has also been tipped for London early next.

'Me and My Girl' is designed by Peter McKintosh with musical direction by Jae Alexander and orchestration and dance arrangements by Chris Walker. It’s produced by Sheffield Theatres by arrangement with Edward Snape and Alex Armitage.

No casting has yet been announced.
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christmas With Me And My Girl, Oi!#2
Posted: 5/14/10 at 7:02am
After which straight to the West End, at most likley a DMT venue.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christmas With Me And My Girl, Oi!#2
Posted: 5/14/10 at 9:44am
Jae is signed up for a year, at least. They know exactly what's happening with this production.
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Christmas With Me And My Girl, Oi!#3
Posted: 5/14/10 at 12:22pm
Fantastic news!