Bummed in New York

FrontRowCenter2 Profile PhotoFrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Bummed in New York#1
Posted: 4/20/10 at 2:41pm
Hey Guys:

Well, my trip to London has been cancelled - yeah, the volacano!!
At any rate I have the following tickets available - Ticketmaster UK won't refund but they told me if I can sell them they can have the tickets duplicated and have them available at the box office for pick-up. So, I figure I have nothing to lose by posting them here - Thanks and I was so looking forward to my visit!

Priscilla
Friday, April 23rd
Stalls
J 17 - 16

Sister Act
Monday, April 26th
Stalls
E 28 - 27

Thanks and sorry for this blatant post to recoup - would be glad to take best offer as well :)

Bob
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bummed in New York#2
Posted: 4/20/10 at 3:12pm
Very sorry to hear you can't make your trip to London.

Im quite surprised they won't refund. There is a story here: http://www.whatsonstage.com/news/theatre/london/E8831271697959/Update:+Shows+Offer+Exchanges+Due+to+Volcano.html which says that Priscilla/Sister Act are exchanging tickets. I would be tempted to ring back ticketmaster and, in so many words, let them have it. Ask to speak to managers/higher ups and you might get somewhere.

Also, if that fails have you tried speaking to the theatre box offices directly?
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bummed in New York#2
Posted: 4/20/10 at 3:17pm
I hate Ticketbastards

Sorry to hear your trip has been cancelled.
FrontRowCenter2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Bummed in New York#3
Posted: 4/20/10 at 3:25pm
Thanks guys - tried all that and was told that they were really doing me a favor as their policy is one of absolutely no refunds or exchanges.

Hope you guys are holding up well - my loss of tickets is really nothing compared to some of the stories I've been reading in other posts!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bummed in New York#4
Posted: 4/20/10 at 4:47pm
Really sorry to hear of your flight plight, but that thread title: so much comic potential...
FrontRowCenter2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Bummed in New York#5
Posted: 4/20/10 at 4:50pm
Seriously, if this was on the Broadway board, I'd be skewered more ways than you can count!!! You guys are so much more polite and forgiving :)
TIGGOSAURUS Profile PhotoTIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Bummed in New York#6
Posted: 4/20/10 at 5:08pm
"I'd be skewered more ways than you can count" Are you a fan of Carry On films by any chance? Bummed in New York

Really sorry to hear of your travel woes - tis indeed a bummer to have to cancel a trip you were really looking forward to.

I'd do what Mark suggests and either ring the box offices direct or go back to ticket'master' and raise merry hell - no way are they doing you a favour in the current chaos. The least they could do is offer an exchange. Failing all else I suppose you could try a Buy-It-Now listing on Ebay?

Good luck anyway, hope you can salvage something out of this mess and get to make your visit to London at a later date.
Seen some shows in my time....
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bummed in New York#7
Posted: 4/20/10 at 7:29pm
Im so sorry, I hope this work out for you, Im gonna ask around friends myself, you have ammmmazing seats for both shows!
dgjbear
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Bummed in New York#8
Posted: 4/21/10 at 6:10am
I never realised you couldn't get your money back if you had to change dates etc (it's never happend yet). I just assumed ticketmaster et al would re-sell them. Does that happen in NYC as well?
Really sorry your trip was postponed - my friend missed his week in Vegas and my sister missed her Miami trip last weekend Bummed in New York