Page: 1

Puttin' On My Top Hat - For The Phantom

hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Puttin' On My Top Hat - For The Phantom#1
Posted: 4/16/10 at 7:48pm
So, I finally got to see 'Love Never Dies' and, I must say, I was totally blown away by it! Sets, costumes, projections, but, above all, the music and the performances. It turned out that we were very lucky in that we got to see Ramin Karimloo's first performance back after his recent surgery - and you would never know it - he was spectacular.

I do think, however, that you would benefit greatly from not just hearing the music beforehand but rather knowing it really well (I haven't stopped playing the cd for weeks). There is so much to take in during the two and a half hours, knowing the score in advance takes away one of those elements and helps you relax into the show.

I seriously think that this was one of the most satisfying and exciting evenings in the theatre that I can remember for a long time.

Now for the really exciting bit - what did I wear?

Well, as you can see, I really went all out on this one. Top hat, white tie, tails, fancy waistcoat (I've decided that unless someone in the theatre asks me "Are you in the show?" then I've failed - I didn't fail tonight!).

And here I am trying (unsuccessfully) to use my new monocle to read the programme.
Piper3500 Profile PhotoPiper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Puttin' On My Top Hat - For The Phantom#2
Posted: 4/16/10 at 9:37pm
lol@that monacle shot. it is a bit off.

so, how was niamh perry?
"it's a dirty little war"
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Puttin' On My Top Hat - For The Phantom#2
Posted: 4/17/10 at 6:20am
Niamh, was fine although she doesn't get to do a great deal. I did love her costume, however - she wears a little top hat.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Puttin' On My Top Hat - For The Phantom#3
Posted: 4/17/10 at 6:44pm
Looks like you upstaged Raoul, when he comes into Christine's dressing room, to win her affection, not to go on stage and sing!
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Puttin' On My Top Hat - For The Phantom#4
Posted: 4/20/10 at 6:16pm
If the good Lord is reading this, Hot-John is currently available for publicity stunts outside/inside the theatre.