Page: 1

Beale/Groff take Deathtrap into the Noel Coward

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Directed by Matthew Warchus and starring Simon Russell Beale, Jonathan Groff and Anna Massey, Deathtrap follows Enron into the Noel Coward theatre.

Previews begin August 21st before officially opening September 7th.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1266363/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Glee-heartthrob-Jonathan-Groff-star-West-End.html?ITO=1490
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cameron has obviously done a bit of shuffling of his shows if 'Deathtrap' is to open at the Noel Coward.
It was originally booked for The Wyndams for September.
I guess, maybe for now, he dosn't want to be seen moving 'Avenue Q' yet again.
AvenueQResident Profile PhotoAvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I love Jonathan Groff. That's enough to make me want to see this.
Everything in life...is only for now.
Piper3500 Profile PhotoPiper3500 Profile Photo
Piper3500
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
so is he a known name in the UK? maybe he should do a couple of shows reprising his role as Claude in HAIR to sell tickets.
"it's a dirty little war"
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well he's on Glee isn't he. I know so many people who watch it that would probably go and see it to see him. I haven't got into Glee yet, waiting to get the DVD because I don't have E4 on my crappy 5 channel TV and can't be bothered to watch online.
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm excited for this. I think with him being all of the episodes of the second half of season 1 that he will generate publicity. GLEE is huge at the end of the day and i for one will be there with my pen and programme for him to sign *sigh*.
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Mark its on channel 4 too.
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
^I know but I always seem to be out when it's on haha. I normally end up renting the boxsets from Blockbuster and watching them in a week (Did Prison Break series 4 last week, fab!!)
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Im so excited for this, love this play

Groff has only been in one episode of Glee so far, thats the recent one in America
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
he did a brilliant job in that episode though, and, thankfully, by the time this starts performances, the entire series will have aired, and Britain will know more of him!
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thats not a good thing for buying tickets Beale/Groff take Deathtrap into the Noel Coward or having an audience free of squeeeely people.
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thats not a good thing for buying tickets Beale/Groff take Deathtrap into the Noel Coward or having an audience free of squeeeely people.

Given that the previous rumour was Robert Pattison (of Twilight infamy), it could be a LOT worse!
Piper3500
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mark
I was being a little tongue in cheek there with regard to "nobody's" to UK theatre goerss being in HAIR in the West End and that old chestnut. ( i wanted to give Mama a chuckle) I was going to post it when Groff was in GLEE. I think it is a guest spot though.

having "known names from Idol" in NY isn't helping much at the mo. people are fickle and want to see broadway names sometimes...sometimes.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Press release:
Ira Levin's 'Deathtrap' will open at the Noel Coward Theatre 7th Sep, 2010. Previews from 14th Aug, starring Simon Russell Beale (Sidney Bruhl), Anna Massey (Helga Ten Dorpe), Jonathan Groff (Clifford Anderson).

Directed by Matthew Warchus. Designed by Rob Howell.
Produced by David Pugh and Dafydd Rogers.

Simon Russell Beale, has appeared on the London stage in over 20 productions in the last 10 years. He is currently starring in 'London Assurance' to the end of June at the Olivier, NT.

Anna Massey's London stage work includes 'Mary Stuart' at the National, Lyttleton in 1996 and 'Cloudstreet' also at the National,Olivier in 2001.
Her films have included 1960's 'Peeping Tom, Alfred Hitchcock's 'Frenzy' in 1972, 'The Tall Guy' in 1989 and 'The Importance Of Being Earnest' in 2002.

Jonathan Groff has Broadway credits include 'Spring Awakening', TV credits include American series 'Glee'.

A celebrated author of Broadway thrillers is suffering from a severe case of writer's block. Waiting for inspiration, he receives a script from a former student and is instantly consumed with jealousy as he realizes it is the perfect thriller.
He thinks the unthinkable: to lure the would-be-playwright to his home, kill him and take ownership of the script. In a whirlpool of twists and turns, only one thing is certain: that death and deception are chillingly related.
Updated On: 4/16/10 at 01:22 PM
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Well me and a friend went to see Taking Woodstock with him in when it came out, there were 2 other people in the cinema. After Glee I'm sure people will be saying they saw it :p
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Umm, excuse me tweenies, but it's bloody ANNA MASSEY!

That is the event casting here, surely!

The casting is sublime! I want my tickets now.

What a Summer: La Bete and Deathtrap. A double dose of wonderment!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Exactly! a true star is about to decent on our stage after far too long away.
I also cant wait to see the artwork for this new production. The Original artwork from Broadway, London and almost every production ever done, is iconic now.

Even the truly dreadful movie version used it.

I hope the new one uses at least some of it.
Piper3500
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and when she was younger she was still a true star.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember when it was on at the Garrick back in...oh, never mind.