It's A Musical Prom

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's A Musical Prom#1
Posted: 4/15/10 at 8:01am
It's A Musical Prom
Musicals will be strongly represented at this yearís BBC Proms, with the lineup featuring concerts paying tribute to the work of Stephen Sondheim and another devoted to the shows of Rodgers and Hammerstein.

The Sondheim prom, on July 31, has the great composer in attendance as some very lush orchestrations of some of his greatest work will fill the Royal Albert Hall
Sondheim say says he feels 'very honoured' that such an important prom is to feature his work.
He said, 'Obviously Iím flattered and honoured. More important, Iím excited because Iíve never been to a prom. I visit London a lot, but seldom during the prom season'.
Details of the music to be performed at the Sondheim event, which will feature the BBC Concert Orchestra, have yet to be disclosed by the BBC, with the official launch of the 2010 BBC Proms taking place next week.
At the same time, the corporation will announce details of the concert that is due to pay homage to the work of Rodgers and Hammerstein.
This prom on Aug 22nd, will feature an array of musical theatre performers singing with the John Wilson Orchestra.
The John Wilson Orchestra appeared last year as part of a show celebrating the music of MGM musicals.
This yearís concert is expected to feature arrangements from the film productions of Rodgers and Hammersteinís musicals, including 'Oklahoma!', 'The Sound Of Music', 'Carousel' and 'South Pacific'.

These concerts normally sell out within hours with just the BBC subscription members and any returns etc are always like gold dust-even more so with this Sondheim prom I guess.
Updated On: 4/15/10 at 08:01 AM
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's A Musical Prom#2
Posted: 4/15/10 at 11:12am
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek (that's me excited!) I don't really watch the proms but this might be the ticket to get me interested in them :)
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!