Page: 1

Roger Allam at the Globe this summer!

Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Roger Allam at the Globe this summer!#1
Posted: 3/8/10 at 5:53pm
Roger freakin' Allam is going to be playing Falstaff at the Globe this summer in both parts of Henry IV. This is like the BEST DAMN CASTING NEWS EVER, and I hope it maybe convinces some of you who ordinarily would be wary to consider going to see one of Bill's best in a sanitised theme park version of a theatre in Southwark.

Srsly, I nearly frickin' hyperventilated when I saw the news. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Roger Allam at the Globe this summer!
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Roger Allam at the Globe this summer!#2
Posted: 3/9/10 at 5:58am
I've never actually been to the Globe, where would you recommend sitting? (I'm going with my mum, so standing for six hours isn't an option.)

I'd just about managed to resist the allure of Jamie Parker, who I adore but couldn't quite picture as Prince Hal, but now I just have to see this. ROGER ALLAM! I wonder if he'll have a beard? mmm......
TIGGOSAURUS Profile PhotoTIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Roger Allam at the Globe this summer!#2
Posted: 3/9/10 at 8:11am
Count me in too. Have only ever stood in the foyer of the Globe, never in the actual auditorium. How sanitised is it? Does that mean I don't need to be carrying live chickens and rotting fruit to get in? Roger Allam at the Globe this summer!

I have very happy memories of studying Henry IV / seeing it performed at the Barbican when I was a whippersnapper. And with Roger Allam on board, what's not to love?

OT: Happy Birthday to you Weez!
Seen some shows in my time....
Updated On: 3/9/10 at 08:11 AM