Page: 1

Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of...

legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The not so long awaited New York thread :)

Seriously, this place is such a mind****! I don't think i ever for one moment realised i was actually there! It's so iconic, and there are so many places you see in films, and suddenly you're there as well and it's just mad! There was not one bad moment on the whole 4days and i'm just gonna do a random sum up of everything including shows! Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of...

Flight was good times! Settled down to watch Fame and An Education (man does Carey Mulligan deserve that BAFTA!). A lot of turbulence, but it was fun...bit of turbulence is never a bad thing! Got to the hotel about 8.30pm. Dumped stuff and went straight up to Times Square. We were at Hotel Pennsylvania, so 5minutes south of the lights! It was complete madness, the hotel that is! It was home to the 134th Anual Westminster Dog Show. Dogs everywhere, blue dogs, yellow dogs, shaved dogs, dressed dogs, shoed dogs...ugh i literally have never hated them more...and i love dogs!

Up early next morning for Musical Theatre workshop with some NYU woman, forgotten her name. She was odd, like really odd! But then in walks Kacie Sheik (Footloose, WWRY, Hair). I literally shreiked a little bit, she was the loveliest person ever, and led the rest of the workshop. Then a bus tour of the entire city! Saw so many amazing things, nothing missed, chance to get out etc...good times!! Then time for Hair! Good seats in the mezz, and enjoyed myself so much more than i thought i would! Theatre was packed, and even though we were in the mezz, everyone pretty much came up and interacted. I got a rather nice member of the tribe on my lap Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of... obviosuly found myself onstage at the end dancing away. Kacie had told everyone about us, so we were getting "Hey London people!!" from every direction. Got to meet everyone after as well which was good times!! Honestly one of the best experiences, and i really couldnt have asked for a better first show on Broadway!

Sunday was dance work shop with Jeff. Amazing guy, danced with Bob Fosse!! was so in awe of him! That was all good times, then we took a big walk through central park, had snow ball fights etc. Then 3pm A View From A Bridge!! Who knew Arthur Miller could be funny! Kudos to director on that one! Noone in the cast stood out, cause they were all so mindblowing! ScarJo seriously impressed me, Liev Schreiber deffinitely wasn't too young or handsome, and Jessica Hecht gave an amazing performance! Job well done from all!! :) Then up the Empire State! Soooo cold at night, but the view was absolutely stunning! Just beautiful!

Monday was spent shopping and seeing all the little things! I can't believe how much we fitted in Friday to Monday! I was completely knackered but buzzing! Ate so much great food, met some really amazing people, and some right wankers, but hey ho...you get them everywhere :P biggest tip to anyone going to NYC: go get cheescake at Roxy's in Times Square, best cheescake i've EVER had! and also make sure you hit Abercrombie and Fitch on 5th. Topless men pretty much everywhere...and some great clothes too Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of...

obvs if you got any more questions, ask away, this is such a **** post, but there's just sooo much stuff to tell, my mind is soo bleurgh! lol :P
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
You know how much I hate you right? :) x
Sounds amazing!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Q1 (boring): This was a school trip, right? So what have you learnt and how are you going to apply it in such a way as to persuade Scrippsy to put money into the box offices of theatres with productions starring/choreographed/directed by LegallySam?

Q2 (vicarious): What did you and your mates get up to that you don't want your teachers and parents to know about?
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
haha Sparkles :) it was frigging amazing!

Scrippsy...i learnt that you won't need to be putting money into the box office unless you come to New York...cause that's where im gonna end up! :)

and secondly, we did nothing that i wouldn't be ashamed to tell my folks about....i'm a good adult Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of...
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2