Page: 1

Pineapple Dance Studios

MichaelUK92 Profile PhotoMichaelUK92 Profile Photo
MichaelUK92
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Pineapple Dance Studios #1
Posted: 2/20/10 at 3:16pm
Does anyone else find this show, currently on Sky1, hilarious? The people are so entertaining and it's becoming my guilty pleasure! Great TV! aha.

Does anyone know how many episodes have broadcast so far?
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pineapple Dance Studios #2
Posted: 2/20/10 at 3:43pm
Pretty sure it started last week. Its awful, the people are so fake, dellusional,arrogant, weird, and annoying! Represents some of the worst sides of the industry.

I do agree though it is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
MichaelUK92
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Pineapple Dance Studios #2
Posted: 2/20/10 at 3:47pm
Glad someone shares my humour. Thanks for the confirmation.

I do agree is represents all the wrong sides but is purely made up of fame hungry individuals fighting for screen time.

It's just pure laughs.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pineapple Dance Studios #3
Posted: 2/20/10 at 4:09pm
Has that Louie guy been on yet. He is one of the most awful people in the West End. He's been around for years and is a nightmare where ever he works.
His forte is splitting companys and causing such awful atmosphere backstage that agents have had to be brought in to sort it out!
I saw just seconds of him on an ad for this trash and the hairs on my arm stood up in horror!
I had gladly erased him from my memory.
MichaelUK92
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Pineapple Dance Studios #4
Posted: 2/20/10 at 4:11pm
Yeah he's been on Mama. He's been craving camera time and doing splits left right and centre, calling himself the "Dance master".

LOL.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pineapple Dance Studios #5
Posted: 2/20/10 at 4:14pm
VILE THING!
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Pineapple Dance Studios #6
Posted: 2/20/10 at 6:00pm
It makes me want to gay bashing....and im gay
former sadm2 (wink)
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pineapple Dance Studios #7
Posted: 2/20/10 at 6:55pm
When I was with my mother the other day, it came on the telly, and she turned to me and said "THIS, is the industry you want to get in to?
I can come to terms with you doing Performing Arts, but I WILL disown you if you turn into someone like that!"

Oh, how I love my Mamma, but it is things like this that make the general public conceive this extremely camp, gay and OTT stereotype of everything performance and musical theatre, when it is not a fair representation of the facts!
lotiloti Profile Photolotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Pineapple Dance Studios #8
Posted: 2/21/10 at 7:06am
Don't forget this is produced by a Rupert Murdoch company. Who also owns the Sun red top. Need I say more! Repulsive.
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Pineapple Dance Studios #9
Posted: 3/6/10 at 10:14am
Has that Louie guy been on yet. He is one of the most awful people in the West End. He's been around for years and is a nightmare where ever he works.

Loved this quote from Charlie Brooker's TV column in the Guardian today, talking about the programme and this guy in particular:

"The most immediately noticeable example is a berk called Louie Spence, a creature so theatrically camp he seems perpetually on the verge of turning into a disco-dancing peacock. God knows what his job at the studio actually consists of: you could watch for a thousand years and never find out. All he does is mug for the cameras, perpetually striking poses, pulling arch faces, cracking lurid innuendo, shrieking, mincing and generally behaving in a way no fictional gay character has been permitted to do for decades. Given the right narrator, this could be a heartbreaking doc about an incurable mental condition whose sufferers lose their minds at the sight of a film crew and turn into a 1978 sitcom homosexual."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2010/mar/06/charlie-brooker-screen-burn
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Pineapple Dance Studios #10
Posted: 3/7/10 at 2:03pm
Why can't I look away from this car crash? Louie, dear lord just finished watching him pretend to be a cat, he's certainly something that rhymes with cat.
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pineapple Dance Studios #11
Posted: 3/7/10 at 2:24pm
To be honest, as stupid as he looks, Louie im warming/getting used to. Its that prat with thinks he is the next George Michael that REALLY annoys me
MichaelUK92
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Pineapple Dance Studios #12
Posted: 3/7/10 at 2:27pm
I'm totally with you. At least Louie is aware that he's a prancing idiot. That Andrew ACTUALLY think's he's got talent, what a joke.

This programme never fails to entertain. LOL
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Pineapple Dance Studios #13
Posted: 3/8/10 at 1:46pm
Which one is Andrew? the blonde with a 90's boy band hairdo?

Also does anyone know anything about the musical they were showcasing at the end of this weeks ep-a kind of evil dead the musical type show by the looks of things! (yes I know there actually was an evil dead the musical but I'm sure that wasn't it!)

Sky1 advertised a chance to be at the 'live finale' whatever that may entail!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
MichaelUK92
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Pineapple Dance Studios #14
Posted: 3/8/10 at 2:22pm
Yeah, Andrew's the blond dancer/popstar ahah.
Sean2 Profile PhotoSean2 Profile Photo
Sean2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Pineapple Dance Studios #15
Posted: 3/9/10 at 1:10pm
I'm with you, MichaelUK92. It's my guilty pleasure as well -- the sheer campness of it all leaves me gobsmacked. I positively shriek with laughter.

Bit like a car wreck, actually: you don't want to look, but...

Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pineapple Dance Studios #16
Posted: 3/11/10 at 6:39am
Andrews thrashes my head and is such a diva. The girl in his band was far superior to him vocally and she seems like a decent person. I say fire the t**t and give her the opportunity she blates deserves! She's got a bit of the old Karen Oh thing going on and could work it!

Louie... i don't understand him and i'm actually quite frightened of him. He blatently lives under a bridge and harrases people with his step ball change!
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!