Page: 1

Cast Recordings

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#1
Posted: 2/19/10 at 8:18pm
I saw Les Miserable tonight and it really annoys me when I listen to cast recordings and material has been edited off, this applies for any production cast recording, does this annoy anyone else?

I bought the OLCR of Le Mis, but later I purchased the 10th Anniversary Concert, as this had more material. However seen it three more since the Royal Albert Hall recording and still it is not complete.

Does anyone now what the best recording of Les Miserable is please?
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#2
Posted: 2/20/10 at 4:00am
The Symphonic (International) cast recording is the best for content, and probably has the best cast!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#2
Posted: 2/20/10 at 4:08am
See I would disagree and say the 10th Anniversary is the best Les Mis recording. Although to be honest, there isnt one that im happy with, especially from a cast point of view. I think the new tour recording will possibly be the best from a cast point of view....not sure. Never been a fan of Colm (although his Valjean is way better than his Phantom).
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#3
Posted: 2/20/10 at 7:45am
It really annoys me when you do not get a complete cast recording, hands round someone's neck, all I ask for is a complete recording of any show. I imagine this will annoy others?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#4
Posted: 2/20/10 at 7:49am
Well thank god for CD's, in the pat you would get the very basics on an LP-some times 6 or 7 tracks on each side!- if you were very lucky it may have been spread across 2 LPs.

CD's really do give us a lot more but, as you say, they are sometimes far from complete.

Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#5
Posted: 2/20/10 at 8:10am
Mama, I understand that CD's are a lot better as you can fit on more content, but being a theatre puritan it must really vex you when any cast recording is incomplete?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#6
Posted: 2/20/10 at 8:20am
The London cast recording of 'The Rink' was the first musical to have almost every single note on its CD. A glorious 74min or there abouts.
It was quit something to have a CD that long instead of 30 or 40mins. 74min is long ever for todays CD cast recordings.
It was a limited edition and they stressed that to get al that on one CD that the quality may have suffered but if you except it for what it is its a brilliant keepsake.
Cast Recordings
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#7
Posted: 2/20/10 at 7:39pm
An orchestra of 4 !

Cast Recordings
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Cast Recordings#8
Posted: 2/20/10 at 10:17pm
I always wished that cast albums had the playout music on them, and I hate it when they trim the overture for recording...not so much now though.