Page: 1

Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed

wicked212
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#1
Posted: 2/18/10 at 1:01pm
Im liking Ms Hancock being on the panel but am not bothered about the other two. Give me Denise van Outen and John Barrowman any day.

Article from Digital Spy:

The BBC has revealed the judging panel for its Andrew Lloyd Webber talent show Over The Rainbow.

Singer Charlotte Church, EastEnders star John Partridge and actress Sheila Hancock will join Webber in the search for a Dorothy to star in a new West End production.

Over The Rainbow, which will be hosted by Graham Norton, is expected to air next month on BBC One.

"Each member of the panel brings something new and exciting which will take Over The Rainbow even further than the previous shows," said Webber.

"We have a fantastic wealth of talent within our judges, and I know they're going to be bringing some incredibly valuable expertise and opinions in our search for Dorothy."

Soap star Partridge said: "Musical theatre has been always been my first love - it's where I began my career - so I'm hugely excited to be joining the panel. I can't wait to work with Andrew again and see what talent the country has to offer'.

Church described Webber as an "icon" in the music industry and a personal "hero". "My career started with 'Pie Jesu', which was of course written by Andrew, so it feels like I've come full circle," she said.

Hancock added: "I've had such an interesting and varied career and I'm so looking forward to working with the panel and Andrew to seek out some fantastic new talent."

BBC One controller Jay Hunt added: "It is hard to find a team of judges who can match Andrew Lloyd Webber in terms of enthusiasm, knowledge and a love of musical theatre but I think we have got them here - they are going to be a huge asset to the show."

Auditions for the programme have already taken place in Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast, Manchester and London.
JamieHT
Stand-by
Stand-by
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#2
Posted: 2/18/10 at 1:04pm
I guess that means no more Sheila Saturdays at Sister Act!
Once you start to spread it, Baby, if you let it, Love comes right on back to you . . .
wicked212
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#2
Posted: 2/18/10 at 1:05pm
I never even thought of that. i think she is only contracted to April with the rest of the cast and the programme doesnt air till then. I think anyway
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#3
Posted: 2/18/10 at 3:08pm
GOD NO!! NOT JOHN PARTRIDGE! If anyone can be camper and more annoying than John Barrowman its John Partridge.

Looks like ALW has new favourites. Charlotte Church?! Exactly what theatre experience does she have. Sorry cant defend this line up at all
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#4
Posted: 2/18/10 at 3:15pm
But Sheila would make a great Miss Gulch/ Wicked Witch!!!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#5
Posted: 2/18/10 at 3:16pm
Seems like every TV program these days has to have some twa* on it from the land of musical theatre!
John Barrowman!
Craig Revel Horwood!
Jason Gardiner!
and now this p*i*k, John Partridge!
Updated On: 2/18/10 at 03:16 PM
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#6
Posted: 2/18/10 at 3:20pm
All three are attention seeking queens, and soooo annoying. Ive been at a few events with John Partridge and he really is the most attention seeking person ive ever come accross.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#7
Posted: 2/18/10 at 3:22pm
I could tell you some stories about two of these guys. It wouldn't make for pleasant reading BUT if the British public knew just half of what I could say they would switch off the TVs just like that!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#8
Posted: 2/18/10 at 3:24pm
I admit I used to quite like John Barrowman, until he 'came out' so to speak and camped it up and ended up everywhere.

Jason Gardiner is vile

and I think ive made my feelings on John P clear! lol
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed#9
Posted: 2/19/10 at 4:45am
Princeton2 i totally agree with you. I thought John Barrowman was mint until he came out. I don't really understand him anymore... i just fear him! I'm not overly impressed with this line up... Charlotte i get because of the pressures of coping with media attention and performing at a younger age... the other two not so much. Although say what you will but John is pretty cute! What happened to having a singing teacher on the panel to comment on technique and stuff? I really miss Zoe she was my favourite Over The Rainbow - Judge Line Up Revealed
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
Updated On: 2/19/10 at 04:45 AM