Vertigo Theatre Productions announce 'OUT' for June

Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Manchester's 'Premiere fringe Theatre Company' are thrilled to announce that a play we have been planning for a long time is coming to the stage this June.

'OUT' is an original Drama/Comedy which proudly puts itself in the category of Queer Theatre.
We are so thrilled to do this play which is based around gay life in Manchester after producing shows there for so long. It's perfect that 'OUT' will premiere at Taurus in the heart of the gay village.

'OUT' tells the story of a group of Gay friends who are brought together by the death of a fellow friend due to AIDS. His death forces the friends to look at their lives, their loves, the mistakes and their choices, each friend's life will be touched in some way by a direct link to the friend's death. A lesbian couple thrown in to unexpected situation, a lover finding the loss of his partner to much to handle, the life and soul of the party crumbling behind closed doors, the party boy carrying a terrible secret and the everyman looking for love in all the wrong places.

'OUT' is about the amazing connection of Manchester's gay community, a story of hope and a celebration of the living and those who died, it's about the power of friendship and the masks we wear, about loving our village, our community our friends, but most of all its about loving being 'OUT'

So many issues in the play have touched our lives for real, some great, some heartbreaking, but all worth talking about 'OUT' is something we could not be more proud of.

More info to be released soon

'OUT'

former sadm2 (wink)
Updated On: 2/10/10 at 08:08 PM
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
" OUT tells the story of a group of Gay friends who are brought together by the death of a fellow friend due to AIDS. His death forces the friends to look at their lives, their loves, the mistakes and their choices..." Now there is something we've NEVER seen before on stage. I don't doubt you can write but please something original?
Updated On: 2/10/10 at 08:18 PM
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Alterego im going to ignore your remarks since this story is about friends of ours who have died, so if you want to carry on bitching about everything we do then please do it elsewhere, this is not the place since this is a project that many people have been directly affected by.

The play could not be more original if it tried, or course you are going of a synopsis because you will never see the show, you just pass judgment.

Your sudden nastiness has become dull and boring, people have PM me asking what your problem is and i have no idea.

Now you carry on being catty to a group of people who put their blood, sweat and tears in to projects year in and year out for know financial gain just because we all love what we do, but don't even try and start on this thread when this show is so damn personal to us.

If this carries on i will be messeging Carrie to get you removed.

We are here to promote theatre, not to be attacked by some idiot on the other end of the world
former sadm2 (wink)
Updated On: 2/10/10 at 08:27 PM
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mine is constructive criticism, but if you wish to take it another way...

Who the hell is Carrie?

P.S. Please check your spelling.
Updated On: 2/10/10 at 08:49 PM
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Carrie is the West End board editor, she posts on here all the time!!

How were you picking half the synopsis of the play being constructive? People who want to give us any constructive criticism (ie Critics, Audiences etc) might actually want to see or read what they are passing judgement on 1st. Like some of the members on this board have before when they have been to see our productions at Taurus or the transfers to the Lowry.

Now go away Alterego, let the people who do the hard work on not just sit and insult behind a lap top get on with things.

former sadm2 (wink)
Updated On: 2/10/10 at 08:53 PM
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spelling?
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
GO AWAY, God what is wrong with you???????
former sadm2 (wink)
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for correcting some of your spelling...now if you could just check some of the earlier posts. Thank you.
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh lord, Iím dyslexic you grade A idiot as everyone on here knows (yes thatís right, Iím a dyslexic writer, insert jokes here)

To be fair i would rather be dyslexic and a nice person whoís enjoying success rather than some nasty vile queen who seems to get off on making people miserable.
former sadm2 (wink)
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Spellcheck would be a helpful tool for someone in your position.
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
And an attitude check would be good for someone like you.
By the way i skipped Carrie and went straight to Rob, i do no want to deal with you so ive left it in his hands.

Consider my responses to you done, im here to talk about theatre, something i love working in, not play silly games with you.
former sadm2 (wink)
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Good.

Funny thing is that I'm not the one who resorted to name calling nor, have I ever used this board to promote self interest projects, others actually pay to promote/advertise their presentations here. Enough.
Updated On: 2/10/10 at 10:12 PM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
All the best with the production! If I was nearer to Manchester, I'd love to get to see it. Ignore the jibes. Bravo to you for continuing to be creative and putting hard work into something that aims to touch and entertain an audience. That's what theatre is about.

And there's nothing wrong with promoting it on here either. Anyone who's tried to produce new work knows how hard it is to publicise it with a minimal budget. And, on the whole anyway, you're simply informing the "friends" who inhabit this board.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thank you Bob
Iím very excited about this one, i don't think any of the team or the cast have ever had to work on something so personal before so i think it will be a challenge, but an exciting one.
And yes this board should be used to promote theatre, itís a theatre board. Both myself and Bob have had articles etc written by the editors here on Broadway World so i see nothing wrong with people like us advertising the fact we have a new project and as Bob says keeping our 'friends' informed.

By the way
whats next up for you Bob?
former sadm2 (wink)
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dantes - next up for me:
My musical AFTER THE TURN in Birmingham in April (still waiting for confirmation of venue/dates but we have a brilliant cast).

THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 2/15/10 at 07:14 PM
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Keep me informed on After The Turn, i love the music from that so would love to see a production.
former sadm2 (wink)
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dantes, I very much doubt you are dyslexic. If you were you would not be able to write on these boards for starters. Nor would you have been able to hold down a job as an usher because you would not know your alphabet fully or be able to count properly. You certainly would not be able to write a play - unless you dictated it the whole thing would be near illegible Now before you come back and say you have a mild form - there is no "mild form". You either have it or you don't. It is like being pregnant, you are either pregnant or not. Whoever diagnosed you as having this disorder could/should be sued for malpractice.

It really irritates me when people use genuine disabilities or diseases as an excuse for their own shortcomings. It would appear to me that you just are a poor speller - so I'd suggest spellcheck or even better use a good dictionary.

As someone who has a friend with this disorder I find your attack on me as being totally incorrect and insensitive.

For further information you might like to visit:

http://www.dyslexiaonline.com/information/whatis.html

Updated On: 2/12/10 at 12:37 AM
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
YOU JUST CAN'T STOP

You are generalising Dyslexia now...and telling ME what i have, you are incredible, when will you learn?

Dyslexia comes in stages; I've always known my alphabet, that's never been a problem. My problem was getting letters jumbled, backwards or placing them in the wrong place in the word as well as spelling.

I write all my own stuff on my own, different coloured screen to what you use to help me see the words better, and then Karl or Adele (my co owners) come in and they proof my script to get the spelling correct, make sure the letters are where they need to be etc.

This is something which was spotted when i was a kid and i have had ever since. Just because i can comment on a message board and write a script does not mean i don't suffer from dyslexia, in fact there is a woman on the Broadway Board, lovely woman who will tell you the same thing since she works with people with dyslexia and knows me.

I've had articles written about the fact imp dyslexic and a writer where i explained my process etc in there but it's really not hard.

I find that you think a dyslexic person could not hold down a Front Of House job ignorant and rude , quite a few of the people i worked with in the front of house dept were dyslexic. One of my best actors in my plays also has dyslexia, do you think she can't be an actor because she finds it harder to read the script?

Dyslexia is just an extra challenge that in writing etc is always more noticeable but in life does not have to have any impact at all, it is what you make it. I make it a thing rather than THE thing

But thanks now for telling all dyslexic people they can't even do their alphabet or hold down a basic job, I√?¬Ę??m sure their thrilled

You really need to stop and go away, you are making a fool of yourself, and the fact you are still stalking me around the threads is just plain strange.

You just said on a PM that YOU felt like you were attacked......are you drunk?

If you would just go away and stop trying to pick fights for no reason then we would not even have to communicate.

Oh and if you have a friend with this 'Disorder' im going to guess that they will also be thrilled that you have just made us all out to be simple and stupid what can't function in basic life.

Oh and PS you said on your PM that you 'had' to put this silly dyslexic post on this thread because or your understanding of this 'disease'

The fact you just referred to it as a 'disease' shows how very little you know.

Stop making a fool of yourself please.
former sadm2 (wink)
Updated On: 2/12/10 at 09:32 AM
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
So lets leave Alterego and his oddd fascination with me behind and move on.

Casting announced so far

Chris Sutton - Craig Hepworth
James Dawson - Dale Vicker
Rachel Foster - Emma Willcox
Julia Lloyd - Adele Stanhope
Lee Donnely - TBC
Sean Blackwell - Jamie Egerton
Tom Ellis - TBC
Rick Pressman - Richard Allen (New to Vertigo)
Paul Myers - TBC

Look out for special offer flyers in the Gay Village
former sadm2 (wink)
carriesparkle
Stand-by
Stand-by
Can we please play nicely, guys? No need to resort to public spats. Any issues should be worked out by PM, otherwise threads will be locked as a first step.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dantes, I did not know you were dyslectic, top respect to you for posting on this message board and doing your what's on stage contributions and writing your own material, good to see you have overcome a potential big barrier for your own gain, something my brother never did, he went the self pity route.

Also love to hear about all types of theatre on here, even if it is contributors own work and as always I wish you all the best with 'OUT' and as you know all the other work you do.
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phantom i totally love you
Im very excited about this show, its something thats painful for a lot of us to talk about (the subject matter) but very hopeful

I will of course be posting pics etc and keep you updated eeek
former sadm2 (wink)
mikeysussex
Understudy
Understudy
Just a note to wish you well with the production. I'm afraid that I don't understand some of the issues being raised by comments on this and whether there is something else going on. However ANY attempt by ANYONE, particularly in the area of HIV, to raise awareness of this issue is to be welcome.
I wish you well with the production - it certainly needs to be seen. Good Luck and best wishes.
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Thank you so much xxx
former sadm2 (wink)
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Mike Gates has signed on to play the role of Tom Ellis
former sadm2 (wink)