Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
John Barrowman set to play villain in Desperate Housewives
By Baz Bamigboye
Last updated at 9:50 AM on 29th January 2010

Comments (0) Add to My Stories
John Barrowman is set to star in several episodes of the hit U.S. show

John Barrowman is heading to Hollywood to play the 'bad guy' on TV hit Desperate Housewives.
The Torchwood and Dr Who star will guest star in several episodes on the long-running show about the goings on in fictional Wisteria Lane.
Barrowman, 42, will fly to Los Angeles early March to film with Desperate Housewives leading ladies Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria Parker.
Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry is keeping the plotlines involving Barrowman secret.
However, The Daily Mail can reveal that he will be the show's main villain in the last section of the current season, series six.
The show returned to British TV this week but has been running in the U.S. for months.
Episodes featuring Barrowman will be broadcast in the America later in the Spring and around May/ June in the UK.
Executive producer Cherry met with Barrowman last week after watching him in episodes of Torchwood.
He was very taken by Barrowman's Captain Jack Harkness character.
While he's in LA Barrowman will meet up with old friend Russell T .Davies.
Dr Who and Torchwood Writer Davies has been working in LA writing a Torchwood series for America's Fox TV. It will be a co-production between Fox and BBC TV.
Casting is way off. Barrowman will just being saying 'Hi' to Davies, not asking to be cast in the U.S. Torchwood.
The star will join the cast of Desperate Housewives towards the end of the current season six

Meanwhile, Barrowman has a new album out March 1 featuring songs from musicals including You'll Never Walk Alone from Carousel..
Later in the year Barrowman hopes to do a second season of Tonight's the Night for the BBC.
The singer-actor had recorded the part of Raoul for the concept album of Andrew Lloyd Webber's new musical Love Never Dies.
However, the composer decided to re-orchestrate his score and re-record the record. Barrowman wasn't available to re-record and by that time Joseph Millson had been cast to play Raoul so he did the new version of the album.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1246955/John-Barrowman-set-play-villain-Desperate-Housewives.html#ixzz0dzfTARAN
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
This is 'offically offical' just got an email from his offical newslisting thing (yes I'm that much a geek!)

Bit indifferent on both counts-never watched DH so can't comment on how good that will be-but I supposed good on him for getting such a high profile job!

As for LND, I'm largely indifferent about the whole thing!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I would imagine that we might lose JB to American shores for a while, whilst he raises his profile within the States. If as reported they are doing a co-produced UK/US Torchwood for Fox TV, then it helps enormously that JB has a higher profile in US TV so as not to shock the US producers when he is asked to reprise his role.

Clever management.
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Indeed Spotlight, I agree it's a clever move on his team's part, I just meant personally not very bothered about DH!

Who knows what will happen with Torchwood US yet but whether that comes off or not I'm sure his team has all kinds of meetings lined up while he's there, well why stop at domination of the BBC eh? John Barrowman moves to Wisteria Lane and wont be on LND CD

Though I have to say while I wish the Barrowman luck I'd prefer to keep him over here lol!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I used to be a fan, but in the last couple years ive really gone off him, so personally happy to see him leave the country for a while! lol Although annoyd he is going to one of my favourite US shows!
Updated On: 1/29/10 at 05:36 AM
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Just when you think you've got rid of him eh Princeton?

Trust me I do get why he annoys the hell out of some people!
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Desperate Housewives is so YAWNNNNN nowadays but I guess I'm interested in seeing John back on screen... never saw Torchwood, so would be nice! I really like John as a performer ~
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Really, see I thought the last series they really upped their game as before I agree it had started to faulter.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'll be at the airport waving farewell.
I really like 'Desperate Housewife's' so I hope he gets killed off pretty soon.
DayDream Profile PhotoDayDream Profile Photo
DayDream
Swing
Swing
All the best to him, shame he had to pull out of a convention over here to do this but ce la vie.

Am quite intrigued to see the kind of character they give him, as even though i know he is capable of serious roles he has been allowed quite a lot of wiggle room to 'ham it up' in his recent roles, so should be interesting
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He'll probably play some charming prince who beds all the women of Wisteria Lane and knocks them up, and off, at the same time!
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm looking forward to seeing John on "Desperate."
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Does that mean your desperate?