Page: 1

Which should I see--Six Degrees, Sister Act, or An Inspector Calls?

Lois
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I already have tickets to a number of London shows in the next couple weeks (Red, Pitman Painters, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Enron, The Habit of Art, War Horse, and Waiting for Godot), but I'll probably be able to fit in a couple more shows, and since I've seen previous productions of all of the following I was wondering which of the following would be most highly recommended here: Six Degrees of Separation, An Inspector Calls, or Sister Act (which I saw in Pasadena)? It's been a very long time since I saw the first two on stage. I'd have included Sweet Charity on the list, but it doesn't look like I could get a ticket, so any advice on these three show possibilities would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Inspector Calls is the same production that's been around for ages, and while it's excellent, it won't be anything new for you.

Sister Act's had a lot of changes done over the years so you may get a kick out of seeing it again.

Six Degrees just started previews so there hasn't been much time for buzz to start around it yet but the cast look good?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Six Degrees'.
This is a a stunning play and this production has a lot to live up to from the Royal Court production back in the early 90s. Limited season only.

'An Inspector Calls' is a tired old thing now but you may enjoy if its the first time you've seen this production. Closes in March.

'Sister Act' is great fun and a good night at the theatre, very undemanding stuff.

jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Youre seeing a bunch of plays already so add the musical if you can.

Worth keeping an ear out on facebook for sweet charity as they had loads of returns during the bad weather, another bout of snow and you could be in luck.
Lois
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Thanks, everyone. I just got a discounted ticket for Sister Act, but I still have one more slot to fill. I enjoyed both Degrees and Inspector a lot when I saw them long ago, but I'd like to know more about the quality of the new revival.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If it were me, I'd go Six Degrees. I'm all about the Old Vic at the moment, so go go go!
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
An Inspector Calls is worth seeing if you haven't seen the Stephen Daldry/NT production before, but otherwise I'd give it a miss: the cast is OK, but far from the best this production has had. Sister Act is a lot of fun if you like that kind of thing. Six Degrees I haven't seen yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it. The Old Vic has a good track record and just about everyone I know who's seen a production of it says the play is brilliant. That's the one I'd go for.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
All three shows were at the TKTS booth last time I looked so the decision doesn't have be made until day of.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!