Page: 1

Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?

ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#1
Posted: 12/11/09 at 9:47am
I read rumours of plans for a UK tour of the recent Watermill production of Sunset Boulevard directed and choreograped by Craig Revel-Horwood.

Anyone know anything of this?
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#2
Posted: 12/11/09 at 10:03am
Id heard rumours the team behind the recent Aspects and Witches tours were planning to do Sunset but not heard anything about the recent scaled down version touring
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#2
Posted: 12/11/09 at 12:45pm
I don't think you could scale the show back Sunset Boulevard anymore, lol, this what made the recent production at the Comedy Theate so beautiful.
Updated On: 12/11/09 at 12:45 PM
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#3
Posted: 12/11/09 at 12:46pm
Theyre doing it in the foyers!
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#4
Posted: 12/11/09 at 1:22pm
OK That made me laugh my ass off
former sadm2 (wink)
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#5
Posted: 12/11/09 at 1:27pm

Here's the first stop on the tour!
There's her staircase!
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#6
Posted: 12/11/09 at 1:34pm
I think it will get lost in that Venue, its far to big lol
former sadm2 (wink)
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Sunset Boulevard UK Tour?#7
Posted: 12/12/09 at 8:04pm
If it did go on tour I cannot actually think of any venues that it wouldn't get lost in...thoughts on this happening? I don't think word of mouth wouldn;t do it any good. The actor/muso thing that is. Like I imagine my Nan (who saw Patti LuPone in Sunset I believe) wanting to go and see it and hearing that it has actor/musos; that'd be too far out for her!
Not that old women Sunset's only target audience, but I think it might just lose some of its audience because of the actor/muso.

I loved it however; especially for this. I loved the claustrophobia of this production, really helped with the idea of clustered buildings like Paramount, considering how small the cast was I think it worked super well! Can't say any of the cast stood out like WOWZA for me. Kathryn Evans being an exception. Also, Dave Willets is just awesome ;D I'd love to see it again, but don't see a tour wokring honestly. We shall see :)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II