Julie Andrews plays London concert at the O2 - 8th May 2010

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Will this be the same concert as she performed at the Hollywood Bowl this summer?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why the hell has she gotta perform there!
Its a concert venue for the likes of rock bands etc.
Why cant she play the Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall or the likes.
I saw her last London performance which was at the Royal Festival Hall in Dec 1989 and it was perfect.
As much as I love her and would love to see perform once again I will most certainly not be venturing to this hell hole.
JamieHT
Stand-by
Stand-by
You see I love the O2, but you're probably right that it's not the best venue for her. I am desperately trying to get tickets to see Gaga there.

I just looked on the website for Julie tix and I'm not gonna pay that much for them. I can't afford it. I'll just buy the DVD afterwards. Hehe!
Once you start to spread it, Baby, if you let it, Love comes right on back to you . . .
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I agree with Mama, as much as I'd love to see this there is no way I'd venture into the O2 for her. Julie Andrews should be playing a classic and classy venue like the Albert hall.

I really hate the approach of 'bang in as many as we can for one night' there are a few comics I'd like to see perform but as they all seem to play arenas now I never bother.
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Am i the only one excited? Yes it's not the ideal choice of venue but it is Julie Andrews. I literally am bouncing about my office!
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
mcalpine84 Profile Photomcalpine84 Profile Photo
mcalpine84
Understudy
Understudy
im damn excited beergoggles....... just booked two tickets!! It really is a once in lifetime opportunity, and you know that she's going to have AMAZING guests!! :) True, the venue isnt that classy... but who cares... its julie andrews!! woohoo!!!!!!!
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Think my moaning about arenas got in the way of excitment-I am excited that Ms Andrews is back performing, but finances and dislike of arenas will stop me going.

Excited to hear all about it when the time comes though!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
Mrs_Spratt Profile PhotoMrs_Spratt Profile Photo
Mrs_Spratt
Swing
Swing
I went to the O2 last night..and I adore Julie but it was a disaster.Completely wrong Venue,wrong content and over indulgent in second half.Ms Andrews left singing mainly to a supporting Quintet.It was of course great seeing her,and the audience went wild when she "sang" but those moments were few and far between.The whole evening eventually sank with the musical adaptation of her and her daughter's joint bookwriting effort of "Simeon's Gift". One hour of purgatory. I was sitting next to a gentleman who had flown in from Norway,had paid over 200 for his ticket but he was not aware of the actual programme.I assume most of the audience weren't either taking into account the very muted response to 95% of the show. V disappointing. I think if this is going on worldwide Tour then prospective audiences should be made aware.We know Julies voice is no more,she admitted it herself.But the programme could perhaps have been a journey thru her remarkable career.

If it tours save your money and watch her great performances immortalised on dvds.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Great review- i saw all this from row 4!

Can you pop this review on the other Julie thread that was started today?