Page: 1

Ragtime

Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ragtime#1
Posted: 10/22/09 at 2:11pm
So the ragtime revival opens tomorrow on broadway and im excited for it ! do we think we will get a west end revival and a new revival cast recording ?
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
dgjbear
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Ragtime#2
Posted: 10/23/09 at 7:39am
Would love it to....really liked the original show and the concert version with Maria Friedman.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#2
Posted: 10/23/09 at 8:22am
We had a flop version of it atthe Piccadilly just back in 2003. It barely mad a 3 moth run.
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#3
Posted: 10/23/09 at 8:40am
I doubt it will come over, I don't really think it will run too long on Broadway either. LND is penned in for next Autumn there.

I'm suprised they bought it in with only being last on Broadway 10 years ago.. especially when stunning revival shows, that had just as much chance of being a success and not had outings in Broadway for quite some time, like Mame never came in.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#4
Posted: 10/23/09 at 8:49am
LND?
Don't go getting all American with us! x
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#5
Posted: 10/23/09 at 9:15am
Its catching...!

winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#6
Posted: 10/23/09 at 10:18am
This is only coming to Broadway due to the fact that the run that this production had at The Kennedy Center in DC was one that got rave reviews from every major paper in the US including the New York Times. I haven't seen the original production given the fact that I was only around 7 or 8 at the time and wouldn't really have that much of an interest in seeing it. But, from what I understand, it is one of those works where the material is so strong that it doesn't need something grand and lavish as far as production is concerned. I am seeing it tomorrow afternoon and if anyone wants, I will be more then happy to report back.

As for this running and Love Never Dies slated to go in that same theatre around this time next year. It has been reported that should ragtime be successful enough to stay open for a year that Really Useful will pay either fifty per cent or a little more then that of the moving costs so that the producers wouldn't be forced to spend a whole lot of money just to move theatres. But, if this show is successful, then the odds of them moving next year will be high. All this just so Webber can get what he wants. I do have trouble believing that The Neil Simon is the only theatre on Broadway that is adequate enough to house Love Never Dies, but if that is what Webber wants. Then that is what he will get.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#7
Posted: 10/23/09 at 10:22am
...and 'Ragtime' wont be around that long for him to feel guilty!
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ragtime#8
Posted: 10/24/09 at 4:54am
Actually, based upon the strong word of mouth coming out of the first preview. I think Webber might have something to feel guilty about come next fall. Rare is the time that I have read/ heard such great things about a show after only one preview. If word of mouth is this good so early on, it can only help out a show and not hurt it.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll