Page: 1

Now Disney may get Tangled in the Web

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now Disney may get Tangled in the Web#1
Posted: 8/31/09 at 12:22pm
Entertainment giant Walt Disney is to buy Marvel Entertainment in a shares and cash deal valued at $4bn (?2.5bn).

The deal means Disney will take over ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters, such as Spider-Man and the X-Men.
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Now Disney may get Tangled in the Web#2
Posted: 8/31/09 at 1:43pm
But, it isn't as if they are getting tangled up in the mess that has been Spidy all month long. One of the posters on the Broadway thread "Broadway Local" had a good hunch as to why the show was in limbo all month in terms of status of progress.

He said that the producers who were licensing the rights to Spidy from Marvel were most likely in the dark about the whole process of Marvel being bought by Disney until it was finalized. That Marvel would be telling them that they couldn't at the moment have any more money for the show without telling them why. And, keep in mind, Disney has been pretty hush hush with regards to what their next project would be. So it would make sense that A they know how to tame Taymore, and B they have the money to do this production that they might be this show's saving grace.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Now Disney may get Tangled in the Web#2
Posted: 8/31/09 at 2:04pm
But what about C? They need to figure out how to reduce the running costs to something that is not completely unrealistic.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Now Disney may get Tangled in the Web#3
Posted: 9/1/09 at 10:33am
I would think that for C, Disney would do what they can to reel in Taymore and her crazy spending habits. I would think that they would sit down with the production coasts and try to figure out what they need and don't need for the show and figure out how to make things cost less then they were going to originally going to when Taymore thought that money fell from the sky like rain. Keep in mind, that Disney's shows are kinda known for cutting costs when they can. That is of course, if they have yet to learn their lesson with Mermaid. But, I guess we shall see and only time will tell us.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll