Page: 1

The Railway Children - NRM

andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
The Railway Children - NRM#1
Posted: 8/26/09 at 6:53pm
I've always enjoyed the film and I got chance to see the York Theatre Royal production at the National Railway Museum today. What a show it was. The story is imagingly recreated in a unique and specially constructed 'theatre-in-the-train station' setting with tiered seating on each platform and features an actual full size train. This setting is really atmospheric and brilliantly conceived. The cast are all great and include ex Bill actor Colin Tarrant (he played Andrew Munroe in the bill) and Hull Truck regular Martin Barrass who brilliantly portrayed the station-master Perks. It only runs until September 5th, go and see it!!!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Railway Children - NRM#2
Posted: 8/27/09 at 10:08pm
Sounds great.
I've only ever seen one stage production of this story and that was with Roy Barraclough (Corronation Street) as the station master.
I think it works so much better on stage than film.
andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: The Railway Children - NRM#2
Posted: 8/28/09 at 8:49am
It really is great. Anyone up north should get themselves there to see it, itsa shame that they couldnt move it London because it really deserves an audience.
Why not combine it with a visit to the new Hull truck theatre?! thats also worth a look!