Page: 1

What's the best/easiest way to get from Heathrow to London?

nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I was in London 2 years ago, I took the Piccadilly Line from Heathrow right into London and got off at Holborn, since my hotel was right there in The West End. The train ride was 1 hour.

I've heard that the Paddington Express from Heathrow is only 20 minutes. My hotel is The Waldorf Hilton - Aldwych, right next to where "Dirty Dancing" is playing. If I were to take the Paddington Express, could I walk to the hotel, or should I take a cab?

Updated On: 8/20/09 at 06:06 PM
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It would help if you said what your hotel's address was or what the nearest stop is.

The *easiest* way to get there is to take a taxi, but be prepared to hand over at least 40-50 for the privilege. Heathrow Express will take you to Paddington, the Piccadilly line will take you into central London where you can transfer to any other Underground line as needed and is also the cheapest.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
From what I can ascertain, the Waldorf Hilton is in Aldwich, so it is certainly not walkable from Paddington - you would have to take a taxi. If you take the Picadilly line tube to Covent Garden or Holborn (check the precise address of the hotel to see which station is nearer), it would be walkable from there. The tube would certainly be cheaper - about 4, while the Heathrow Express is around 15 plus an expensive taxi ride.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I'll do what I did 2 years ago - just take the Piccadilly line from Heathrow and get off at Holborn. The hotel is a 5-7 minute walk from there - no worries.

Thanks!
James1969 Profile PhotoJames1969 Profile Photo
James1969
Understudy
Understudy
Neal

I stayed at the Waldorf Hilton in July. It was an easy walk from Covent Garden underground but Holborn is generally not as busy I think.

Enjoy your trip - I will be over again for Priscilla on 29th
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
31 years in London here!
Take the London Underground from Heathrow and get off at Covent Garden - your hotel is less than 5 mins away from the station. Any other way, if you dont know LOndon, will be a nightmare!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Chilling out in Newquay at the moment, hitting the surf!!!!!

Agree with the above use Covent Garden and is a short walk, I work on the Underground!