Page: 1

It's Good To Have You Back Where You Belong!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's Good To Have You Back Where You Belong!
Plans are advanced with 3 producers to bring 'Hello! Dolly!' back to the West End stage.
The current production that us playing at Regents Park is to get a home in the West End, most probably around February of next year.
One of the producers was so bowled over by what he saw that he is actually coming out of retirement to get in on the production.

The last production in the West End was with Danny La Rue as Dolly at the Prince Of Wales back in 1984.

Updated On: 8/18/09 at 07:35 AM
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh god I hope this happens!! Novello anyone?!
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've always LOVED my recordings of Hello, Dolly! and am looking forward to seeing it for the first time in a few weeks, and, before even seeing it, i'm hoping it gets a transfer!
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
cant wait to see this on thursday
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The season is doing excellent trade at the open air - which shows people are still able to love dolly and tunes despite to wolly book which was always the issue with the show being revived.

I loved the show and would love to see it back where it belongs in the west end.

I think, for it to survive, it would need more money on the sets and possible a few more wider known names in the cast - but Samantha Spiro will be a popular dolly!

The New London could be the perfect spot but i doubt War Horse will gallop off just yet..
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How big is the show as I would love to see play the Adelphi but unfortunately Love Never Dies is due in March or April. I think a mid sized theatre would be the ideal choice but they're in short supply.

I hope it does transfer as it would win best musical revival at the Oliviers.
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Great news, i've already gushed about how much i enjoyed this on another thread. I would be a bit concerned that in a standard theatre it would loose a bit of the atmosphere it gets from being performed outside. Great production none the less.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Isn't the Playhouse available from February?
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Great news. I've been saying ever since my visit to the Open Air Theatre that this production has to transfer to the West End.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Are the sets big, complicated etc?
Its been many a year since a production has left the park. Back in the 70s and early 80s all the productions that played the open air toured the number one theatres across the UK from September to November..
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Single wooden set with some tables and a pair of movable counters. Very easy to transport/reinstall, especially if they move the orchestra from the top of it to a proper pit.
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Should I see "Dolly" when I'm in London next week? Is Regent's Park in The West End?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its minutes away, very easy to get to.
Tube stations, Regents Park, Camden Town, Great Portland Street are all walking distance to the park.
Updated On: 8/19/09 at 06:01 PM
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks so much! Are there any discount codes, that you know of to order tickets? Was on the site, and there's a section to enter a promo code.
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
lastminute.com were offering discounted tickets for the last few days or so of its run, try there. it's also been on tkts a few times too, but they don't seem to have many tickets per performance for it.