Page: 1

"AFTER THE TURN" - weekend workshop of new musical in Birmingham

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Last weekend we workshopped our musical "After The Turn" in Birmingham and - thanks to the hard work of our incredible cast (two of whom were found via the Broadwayworld message board!) - it went very well. We're now planning a live concert of the songs and also a production of the show at a small venue in Birmingham later in the year - watch this space for news!
I've put 3 video clips of songs filmed at the workshop on the show's website:
http://www.freewebs.com/aftertheturnthemusical/apps/videos/

(There are also audio clips from studio recordings on the "listen to songs" page of the site).
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Im so glad this went well for you, i find workshops very exciting but at times frustrating too, but its all part of the fun

Im so glad Rick worked out for you as well. Can you believe that before he started doing shows with my company he had never acted before?
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's incredible. You obviously taught him well!

He had a terrific instinctive feel for the lines of both characters he was playing.

Can't wait to get the show to the next level - putting it in front of an audience.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bob, you are always so busy with such exciting ventures.
Well done.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks, mama. Yes, I am pretty busy - a few shows in very early stages of development, plus - in the middle of a major studio recording of one show; workshops and productions of After The Turn in Birmingham ; and, hopefully, a production of another show at a Fringe venue in London early next year. Better to be busy than bored. lol
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Carrie asked me to write an article about After The Turn and the workshop, etc for Broadwayworld and it is now "live" on the website:

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/article/AFTER_THE_TURN_The_Road_To_Making_A_New_Musical_20090806
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh you got Rick's bame wrong

Its Rick Carter, not Rick Baker lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sorry about the typo LOL - I've edited in the correcttion now.