Page: 1

Alexia Khadime as Elphaba

wickedlover94 Profile Photowickedlover94 Profile Photo
wickedlover94
Stand-by
Stand-by
Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #1
Posted: 8/4/09 at 12:09am
Has anyone seen her? What is she like? Any reviews? Just interested what people think about her.
"It'a all about Popular!"
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #2
Posted: 8/4/09 at 3:03am
Saw her during her last run in the show and for me she is handsdown the best Elphaba ive seen (FYI ive seen Idina, Kerry and Shona).
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #2
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:07am
I prefer her to Kerry 'No, I won't hold notes' Ellis, and she's a cracking actress, but she tends to go a bit Bart Simpson-y when she sings. I couldn't fault Ashleigh Gray... she was incredible.
frapperia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #3
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:23am
I've not seen Wicked in years and years - but I'm intrigued by what you mean by Bart Simpson-y, lol!
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #4
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:33am
I think she is incredible, Idina was a great actress, but vocally wasnt strong, Kerry was a strong singer but not the best actress, where Alexia has the full package,
BUT, I expect it is from years of Lion King, she does occasionally slip into what I call the "disney princess" soft sweet innocent voice when she sings certain bits, however I havent seen her since her return and she may have worked on this, but still the best I've seen (Ive seen her, Idina, Kerry, Shona and Cassidy)
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #5
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:35am
She sounds very young... that's my only problem. Almost too innocent in her vocals. Otherwise great... love her NGD.
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #6
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:37am
What you've got to remeber, and because of Idina etc. people have forgotten, in Act 1 El[haba is only 18, and Act 2 supposedly 24. (however different publications say the time gap between ACT 1 and 2 is 6 years, some 2 years and some 6 months, but I believe the Grimmerie says 6 years, so Im counting on that!
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #7
Posted: 8/4/09 at 4:50am
I get that she's supposed to be teens-mid twenties... but she sounds way younger. I dunno... she's good but i don't think she;s great in the role.
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #8
Posted: 8/4/09 at 5:01am
Theres a rawness to her vocals that I love.
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #9
Posted: 8/4/09 at 5:18am
I saw her in her first run in June '08 and she was amazing! I seen kerry and no disprespect i prefer Alexia
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #10
Posted: 8/4/09 at 8:40am
During The Wizard and I and Defying Gravity especially, she slips in and out of this really grating Bart Simpson voice. I prefer Kerry's singing voice but Alexia does a lot more with what she's got, and she really acts it, which is why I rate her over that lazybones Ellis. Ashleigh Gray seems to have all Alexia and Kerry's good points.
wickedlover94
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #11
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:36am
Wow, most people say they PREFER Alexia to Kerry here. Thats really good. I only heard some youtube videos, but saw Idina in London and didn't like her. I heard KErry is a bland actress but a great singer. I knew Idina was an actress but not a good singer. So it's great that you guys like Alexia. I think she sounds a little weak, but she has pretty good control.
wickedlover94
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #12
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:37am
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba

wickedlover94
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #13
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:38am
Can we nominate that picture for worst promo picture ever? She looks like shes going to kill someone. I prefer her original one.
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #14
Posted: 8/4/09 at 9:43am
I don't like it either, not least because it doesn't actually look like her. The new one of Dianne Pilkington doesn't look like Dianne Pilkington either. Yeah, the photos are a bit rubbish this time round.
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #15
Posted: 8/5/09 at 12:02pm
I LOVE that picture, and by this point in the show, I think she is ready to kill someone!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #16
Posted: 8/5/09 at 12:24pm
I dont think Idina has a bad voice at all, its just when she is in long runs it tends to wear down quickly

I remmeber seeing her in the original cast of Rent and her voice blew me away
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #17
Posted: 8/5/09 at 5:05pm
No, Idina doesn't have a bad voice; it's perfect for pop style musicals. But, I agree, she can't sustain.
Also, I don't agree that Idina is a good actress. I think her acting skills are limited and weak. Her acting is terrible in the Rent film; although it wasn't too bad when I saw her as Elphaba. But these are parts that she has originated (almost) and if she can't be convincing in them, then there's little hope. Perhaps, hence why she has not done much original stuff since.
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #18
Posted: 8/5/09 at 5:25pm
I saw Idina 3 times as Elphaba in London, and she was a good singer, but every time hit one flat note in EVERY song she sang EVERY time!
bubbleblonde
Understudy
Understudy
re: Alexia Khadime as Elphaba #19
Posted: 8/6/09 at 6:27am
Alexia has a good voice. She's in the Coleen Sexton/Donna Vivino camp.. her voice has a high, squeaky tone but there's a lot of power behind it.