Page: 1

help me find auditions?

melly t
Swing
Swing
help me find auditions?#1
Posted: 7/29/09 at 12:31pm
Hello all!

My name is Melissa I am 25 from Hollywood and will be moving to LDN to audition in Feb/March. I here The Stage is good but I just registred online and there were only 12 auditions up? Is that my best bet?
Cheers!
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: help me find auditions?#2
Posted: 7/29/09 at 12:48pm
In all honesty the best bet is to get an agent. There are very rarely open calls for anything.
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: help me find auditions?#2
Posted: 7/29/09 at 3:39pm
Most castings are achieved through Spotlight, which is primarily only available to agents.

The idea of an open audition is a thing of the past unless a show wants to use these as an advertising/promotional event.

I wish you good luck, given the dearth of work there is a lot of competition out there for parts.
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: help me find auditions?#3
Posted: 7/29/09 at 6:35pm
I thought I would share with you a story I was told yesterday by someone who is a VERY good professional dancer yesterday...
She went to an open Audition for "Thriller" the other day, one of a few open auditions that she has found since she started professional a year or so back! they got there, and found it was all a fix for sky news to get publicity, as they had, had PROPER auditions the day before and already chose who they wanted!

I wish the best of luck to ANYONE who tries to make it through open auditions alone, but we could all offer you ALL the luck in the world, and you would most likely still get know where!