Page: 1

Nathan Lane - The Addams Family - Max Bally Too.

Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was announced this week that the Lunt is going to get The Addams Family with Broadway superstar Nathan Lane, this probably be this seasons highlight.

Am I right to call Nathan Lane a Broadway superstar? I have never seen him but would like to next year, have you seen him perform is he great? Was he the best Max 'Bally'stock?

What are you thoughts on the Addams Family? Will this be this seasons highlight?

Updated On: 7/25/09 at 07:08 PM
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#2
Posted: 7/24/09 at 7:18pm
I saw Nathan Lane in The Producers - and he was superb. Yes, he is pretty much a Broadway Superstar - 2 time Tony Award winner (Forum & The Producers), plus various other awards not only for musicals (such as Guys & Dolls) but plays (such as Love, Valour, Compassion & Waiting For Godot).

Lane's presence alone should make the Addams Family a big sell - but it also has Bebe Nieuworth, Terrence Mann and the awesome Carolee Carmello! It's a bit early to say is it will be the season's highlight - or if it will be any good at all! But a new show with a score by Andrew Lippa makes it a must see for me!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 7/24/09 at 07:18 PM
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#2
Posted: 7/24/09 at 8:13pm
He is fab!
I remember when he found himself suddenly in London to do 'The Producers' I was a little worse for wear on a gin or two walking down Old Compton Street. My friend suddenly grabbed my arm and said 'Oh my God Its Nathan Lane. the Broadway star!!!!'
I just looked at him and burst into song with 'Why its good old reliable Nathan, Nathan, Nathan the star'
3 hrs later in Jo Allens, he came up to me with a drink and said 'this is a glass of water please take it to the bar and substitute it for the strongest there is!-
I cant see anyone doing that on Broadway-they are such prudes! Haha!'
I had large Bloody Mary on Nathan that night!

He is perfect for Gomez and I hope to see it in Chicago in December.

Updated On: 7/26/09 at 08:13 PM
Hulmeman Profile PhotoHulmeman Profile Photo
Hulmeman
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#3
Posted: 7/24/09 at 8:22pm
Wonderful story Mamma! You can tell that to your grandchildren in years to come.........

I would suggest Nathan Lane is not just a Broadway Superstar, he is Broadway Royalty!

As for Gomez Adams, I think he will be perfect!
frapperia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#4
Posted: 7/25/09 at 5:05am
Don't forget Wesley Taylor! He may only have a smallish part in it, but he is an incredible talent (part of the reason I'm going to Broadway in September is to catch his Franz in Rock of Ages before he leaves for Addams). It sounds like a wonderful cast and I hope to see it on Broadway sometime next year!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#5
Posted: 7/25/09 at 5:10am
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family

Updated On: 7/25/09 at 05:10 AM
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#6
Posted: 7/25/09 at 8:36am
That is a brilliant story- and an interesting answer to those who like to criticize Nathan Lane offstage.

One other thing- let's not forget the unique Bebe Neuwirth, who I absolutely adore. I am still desperately trying to find my programme from when she took over in Kiss of the Spiderwoman, and was absolutely electric!
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#7
Posted: 7/25/09 at 9:43am
He was great in The Producers! Doesn't the Adam's Family have an ex Spring Awakening cast member in? That'll get the young fans in haha.
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#8
Posted: 7/25/09 at 9:56am
May sound silly but how do you pronounce bebe name
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#9
Posted: 7/25/09 at 10:24am
BeeBee. Her name is actually Beatrice.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#10
Posted: 7/25/09 at 10:36am
Lane was so funny in the play November
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
jamiekennywicked Profile Photojamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#11
Posted: 7/25/09 at 11:47am
Oh thanks
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Nathan Lane - The Addams Family#12
Posted: 7/25/09 at 2:48pm
Sounds like I made a big generalitation, when I said that Lane "is a Broadway superstar as Hulmeman suggests he could be Broadway royalty?

Could he be possibly the 'king of Broadway'?

It is good to be the king!!!!