Page: 1

Seetickets.com?

rjm516
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seetickets.com?#1
Posted: 7/3/09 at 7:05pm
Has anyone used this website to buy tickets? Is it safe/reputable? Always kind of scared.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#2
Posted: 7/3/09 at 7:33pm
Yes, its owned by RUG.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#2
Posted: 7/3/09 at 7:47pm
1000% yes!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#3
Posted: 7/4/09 at 2:37am
one of the best ticket agents id say
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#4
Posted: 7/4/09 at 4:47am
They're reliable but could do much better. For instance, they are the one large ticket agency that don't accept American Express, tickets can take an awfully long time to arrive and the facility to pick your seats would be much appreciated. Ambassadors Tickets, although they don't cover many West End theatres, have a much superior system.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#5
Posted: 7/4/09 at 4:48am
True. I must say though I like See alot more than the dreaded ticketmaster.
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#6
Posted: 7/4/09 at 5:16am
I'd say they're the least worst but definitely agree with HotJohn that they probably allocate the seats that they want you to have rather than what is genuinely the best available.

Following recomendations on this site I always start off with Theatremonkey - that is an exellent site that points you to the best ticket agencies and prices.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#7
Posted: 7/4/09 at 5:42am
Ticketmaster need a bloody good shake up and See just a good stir.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#8
Posted: 7/4/09 at 6:14am
See are starting to do print at home tickets which is a good way forward (for theatre anyway) and if you dont like what seats it gives you just reject and reselect. after a couple of goes I usually get what im happy with.

Ticketmaster are so bad im amazed anyone used them
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#9
Posted: 7/4/09 at 7:02am
"if you dont like what seats it gives you just reject and reselect. after a couple of goes I usually get what im happy with."

I usually get the same allocation.

Maybe I'll give it another try though.
rjm516
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#10
Posted: 7/4/09 at 11:37am
Ok great, thanks for all the comments. I do prefer having the option of picking up the tickets at the box office, but I'm glad to know I can use this. And I'll look at theatremonkey. Thanks!
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Seetickets.com?#11
Posted: 7/4/09 at 4:27pm
I find if you just go back (rather than reject the tickets) it will give you different seats. Of course they might run out then you have to wait for your original seats to be released.

I like Seetickets.com the most out of the major ones but delfont-mackintosh.com is great too. I would only use ticketmaster as a last resort.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#12
Posted: 7/4/09 at 4:52pm
ive literally just used See Tickets and for me the reject button worked, but yes, if all else fails just use 'back' and then re-select and it should give you different seats
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Seetickets.com?#13
Posted: 7/4/09 at 8:03pm
I've used see quite a few times to buy tickets and never had any problems. However, tickets for shows were i work are often sold through them and we regularly have issues with them. Wrong row or no seat numbers on the tickets.
MariusPontmercy Profile PhotoMariusPontmercy Profile Photo
MariusPontmercy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Seetickets.com?#14
Posted: 7/5/09 at 6:29am
See does have a rather odd idea of where the best seats are. I was booking two tickets for Spamalot a while back and was offered a pair right on the end of a row. Not good, so I tried again. I was offered the next two on the same row (i.e. moving in slightly towards the centre). So I tried again, etc., etc., until I was finally offered two right in the middle of the row, which I bought.

But as far as trustworthiness or reliability is concerned, you've got nothing to worry about - they're legit.
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seetickets.com?#15
Posted: 7/5/09 at 6:33am
I normally book with which ever one the show suggests! Which for alot of shows, is See Tickets!
MH2 Profile PhotoMH2 Profile Photo
MH2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Seetickets.com?#16
Posted: 7/6/09 at 4:00am
"Yes, its owned by RUG."
Not to be too picky but it hasn't been for a while. Seetickets UK is part of See Tickets International with Parcom Capital bein the major shareholder. Stage Entertainment still has a minortiy stake after they sold the majority to Parcom last autumn.

"See does have a rather odd idea of where the best seats are. I was booking two tickets for Spamalot a while back and was offered a pair right on the end of a row. Not good, so I tried again. I was offered the next two on the same row (i.e. moving in slightly towards the centre). So I tried again, etc., etc., until I was finally offered two right in the middle of the row, which I bought."

"Love" this, done that so often in the past.
Wished Seetickets with being part of Seetickets International as is Ticketonline in Germany would have the facility to choose your own seat directly. You'd wonder why one part of a group (as ticketonline) has that facility but not the nother one.
But yeah, Seetickets is reliable and trustworthy.