Could the Broadway Strike effect us?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#26
Posted: 11/22/07 at 11:54am
I lived in London for many years when i was doing shows down there and NEVER found them annoying.They are people on vacation in a new city, just like we are when we go abroad.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#27
Posted: 11/22/07 at 3:21pm
Songanddanceman,

I am far from 16 I am 18. I know that tourists are vital to my city getting money ect ect. But, after a while it gets annoying doing things like walking through times square and taking ten minuets to walk four blocks which should take all of six seconds.

I am not at all mean to them nor act that way towards them at all. For example I have helpedc them out if they need adcice on theatre ect ect. But, even though I am friendly and nice doesn't mean I don't find them annoying. You can be a waiter at a resturant and even though you may hate the people at the table your serving your still going to be nice to them.

Just last year I was right outside the gershwin. These two young british girls who were most likely in their twenties asked me how to get to Radio City Music Hall. By the if your walking in the right direction your just walking a straight line till you get there easy as pie. They asked me and I literally pointed and you could see it from where we were standing. I told them to walk straight and they said thanks. And then for what felt like five minuets they spent a lot of time asking the same qustions in as many different ways they could think of. The qustion that they were asking me was " So we just walk striaght till we get there?" Over and over as many different ways as they could.

And of course I was nice and corgial the entier time but it was frusturating and annoying. It also bothers me when I am sitting next to them in the theatre or the subway or whatever and they go on and on and on about somthing in the city that I think is annoying or whatnot and they go on about how they think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I don't hate them and I am not mean to them at all it is just the little things that happen that irk me. And it is a different feeling then in London espically this time of the year. The reason is that everyone in the world wants to spend christimas time in New York City. There is just something about NYC that gives it an international appeal.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#28
Posted: 11/22/07 at 6:26pm
Erm London is as much of a tourist attraction all year round as New York is mr x
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#29
Posted: 11/25/07 at 2:28am
In NYC There are really two major times of the year ( two very long times of the year yet major). The first is summer. Need I say more. Roueiara dloxk ro NYC during the summer. It is chock full fromthe beginning of june to the beginning of september. There is then a bit of a lul between then and the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush. That of course also atttracts a whole amount of tourists non stop till the start of January. After that it is pretty calm. Of course this rotates.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#30
Posted: 11/25/07 at 3:02am
ermmm? does the New York Tourist Board know that youve given out such detailed information on here?
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#31
Posted: 11/25/07 at 6:32am
"It also bothers me when I am sitting next to them in the theatre or the subway or whatever and they go on and on and on about somthing in the city that I think is annoying or whatnot and they go on about how they think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread."

So...are you saying you don't like people with opinions different to yours?! or you because NYC is your home you are over the whole excitement of the place? I have only been twice, sorry if I ever sat next to you and raved about the place a bit too much!!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#32
Posted: 11/25/07 at 8:35am
To quote this guy Winston89 from a different thread!!!

'London which is in England and that is a totaly different country than where the strike is taking place. I do not know if i believe anything that is coming from there'

This was his reply to me stating on the Broadway Board that the UK news channels were saying that the strike looked like it may go to weeks rather than days. That post was on the 3rd or 4th day of the strike and now here we are entering WEEK 3! Winston replied with the above.

And here we have him chatting to us on here again!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 11/26/07 at 08:35 AM
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#33
Posted: 11/26/07 at 11:51am
'I was nice and corgial'

As a rule I don't pick up spellings, but I love this spoonerism: does is mean being polite at an orgy?

"It also bothers me when I am sitting next to them in the theatre or the subway or whatever and they go on and on and on about somthing in the city that I think is annoying or whatnot and they go on about how they think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread."

Just a little condescending perhaps?

In future, perhaps I should ensure that whenever I visit a new place, I remain, detached, critical or indifferent.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#34
Posted: 11/26/07 at 2:11pm
Well, they wouldnt notice in the States anyway!
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#35
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:02am
I am not much of a people person tourist or not.

And Wickedboy what is your deal?

I said that I didn't agree with your post because in the UK they were getting their news from the states. And in NYC there are four major newspapers. And the four newsapers were all reporting different things. Which is not a good sign. I was mearly saying that i didn't belive what was being reported in the UK becuse it is hard to believe what is comming from there when the source newscenter is not accurate to begin with.

You have to stop getting a bug up your ass when someone clearly says they don't believe/agree with you. It isn't the end of the world dude. Relax.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#36
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:06am
Um? yea! OK! whatever! Its not just me that has aproblem with you matey OK
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#37
Posted: 11/27/07 at 1:16pm
you may be right that your not the only one that has a problem with me. But, you sure act it. even the rest of the peoople that do if there are any don't say anything. the reason why I wanted to bring this to the forum as oppose to the PMs is that maybe there is someone other then me who can see that your acting like a four year old. Going on and on because I said that i didn't believe that the UK news was correct ect.

And, even if there are other people that don't like me it is not a justificiation for your actions.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#38
Posted: 11/27/07 at 1:27pm
Im 5 actually!
Some of your ramblings would be best kept to PMs my friend, how about it?
May i also suggest you read some of the posters above who are quoting some of your ramblings! See its not just me!
Updated On: 11/27/07 at 01:27 PM
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#39
Posted: 11/27/07 at 5:38pm
Like they say down the bus stop in Romford on a Friday night, "leave it Gary, he's not worth it!"
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#40
Posted: 11/27/07 at 6:05pm
' OK thanks Tracy, pass me my kebab back, lets get the night bus'
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#41
Posted: 11/27/07 at 8:20pm
Wickedboy.

The reason why you even mentioned what I had said in that thread that you started in this one is beyond me. The two have nothing to do with one another. If you feel that everyone on here doesn't like me then fine. But, that is no reason at all to act the way you are.

If your trying to continue your ego trip and have me eat crow about the whole strike thing. Then fine I will. You were right about the strike lasting this long. But, I didn't beleieve anything over there because in NYC there are four major newspapers. I live in NYC. It is hard to figure out the facts or find the media trustowrthy in this situation when each of the four newspapers were saying four different things. I know that you guys get the news from the US. But, if the local news from where the strike is going on isn't accurate then I am not sure anything else is. You would expect the local news to be on top of it more then any other news outlet.

But, you do have to realize that at that point the strike was at day three when no one had any clue as to when it was going to end. I dismissed it because it was speculation that was comming off as fact. I didn't accept it as fact because I want to see if the New York Times and any of the other new york newspapers could say the same things first before I accepeted anything else as fact. It all comes down to the accuricy of the NY news. Because that is what the national news is based on and in turn the internatonal news.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#42
Posted: 11/27/07 at 8:35pm
OK well im not getting involved in this bitchfest *does knitting and reads bella*

but on a side note, i would rather trust any news that did not come from a US TV station or paper because i think the world knows that the US likes to erm spice up their news stories shall we say lol

and no thats not me insulting Americans (since most of my family are from there) thats insulting the news reporting, sometimes its like watching an episode of Melrose Place lol
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#43
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:44pm
Songanddnaceman,

your right in saying that a fair amount of news in the states likes to be spiced up. But, that is ususally just the all news channels and anything that is owened by rupert Murdoch. In the states he owns the NY post, all things Fox and he just bought the Wall Street Journal.

The th9ing is that if your educated and you know where to go for good news you can find good reputiable news. For example, Then New York Times is a VERY reputiable and turstworthy paper and is known around the world as being so. So is something like that Washington Post.

The point that I am trying to make is that there are three very good NYC news papers and one crap one. The crap one is Murdoch's NY Post and the other ones are the Times, Newsday and the daily news. The point that I was trying to make is that when there is a local story alll four papers say the same thing. However, you know something is fishy when all four papers are saying four different things. That has been the case with the strike. I just feel that if the local news can't get it right then something all around is not right.
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#44
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:17am
"
The th9ing is that if your educated and you know where to go for good news you can find good reputiable news. For example, Then New York Times is a VERY reputiable and turstworthy paper and is known around the world as being so. So is something like that Washington Post. "

Oh the irony. Some dodgy grammar and an abundance poor spelling mistakes say it all!!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#45
Posted: 11/28/07 at 10:20am
I thank you and rest my case!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#46
Posted: 11/28/07 at 7:28pm
*continues to flick through bella*
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#47
Posted: 11/28/07 at 9:03pm
Bellas the one with more pictures for you isnt ???
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#48
Posted: 11/29/07 at 7:39am
*throws bella at wickedboys head *
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#49
Posted: 11/29/07 at 7:45am
Fends off the flying Bella with the FT!
jordangirl Profile Photojordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Could the Broadway Strike effect us?#50
Posted: 11/29/07 at 7:57am
Hey...not ALL of us hate tourists! :) I may laugh at the girls on the N, Q, R, W platform (it's the "yellow line") who say "No, this is yellow like butter. We need red like cherry" (the 1, 2, 3 which is the "red line") ~ but they were from the south (where I was raised) and were just comical. But I don't mind them. I do my best to help out, especially if they're making an effort ~ can't tell you how many people I've helped get on the right train or find the right station. (Even the poor guy who actually swiped his metrocard and went through a turnstile where there was a closed gate. I felt so bad for him.) Tourists can be wonderful!

Love y'all!! :)
Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!