In 1994 CPT completed its first successful capital campaign, raising more than $60,000 to purchase the building at 6415 Detroit Avenue. CPT transformed the first floor used-appliance store into a small black box theatre and a scene shop. The third floor, once an apartment, became the theatre's administrative offices. In 1995 CPT acquired the adjoining building which housed the remains of Cleveland's oldest standing theatre. The Gordon Square Theatre was built in 1911 as a vaudeville theater and condemned by the city. Now resurrected by The Gordon Square Theatre is now an integral part of the CPT Campus and the Gordon Square Arts District. In December 2009 CPT completed purchase of the de-sanctified Orthodox Church properties adjacent to the theatre buildings. This purchase is an important step in CPT's development as a center of performing arts.
Shows - Past Shows - Auditions