Scoop: Coming Up On INK MASTER, 9/18 Episode Re-Cap and Episode 5 Preview
On the fourth episode of "Ink Master," Coaches Christian Buckingham and Cleen Rock One went head to head for the first time and Team Christian and Team Cleen battled it out in a consistency challenge that pushed the artists' limits. Team Christian came out on top, sending team Cleen into a tattoo elimination round. In the end, the judges felt that Jamie Lee Parker (Artist, Hidden Los Angeles Tattoo, Los Angeles, CA) did not have what it takes to be the next "Ink Master."
After the third week of competition the remaining artists-and their Instagram handles-are:
Team Christian (@christianbuckingham) - Traveling Artist, currently in Richmond, VA
· Teej Poole (@teejpoole) - Owner, private studio in Mebane, NC
· Tim Stafford (@timstaffordtattoos) - Artist, Pigment Tattoo and Lazer Removal in Austin, TX
· Amanda Boone (@boonetattoos) - Travelling tattooer and artist, Branded Tattoo Company in Nashville, TN
· Chris Shockley (@chrisshockleytattooer) - Artist, EMPIRE Tattoo in Clementon, NJ
· Jess Cavazos (@jesscavazos_tattoos) - Owner, Tattoo FX in Corpus Christie, TX
· Angel Rose (@theangelrose) - Owner, private studio in Los Angeles, CA
· JP Roldan (@johnpaulroldan) - Co-Owner and artist, Demon Ink Tattoo in Houston, TX
· Oba (@omoori) - Owner, Push Tattoos in Newcastle, DE
Team Cleen Rock One (@cleenrockone) - Owner/Artist - Golden Skull Tattoo in Las Vegas, NV
· Tiffer Wright (@tifferwright) - Owner, Folklore Trading Co. in Dallas, TX
· Tony Medellin (@tony_medellintattoo) - Artist, Lasting Dose Tattoo in Reno, NV
· Turk (@lefthandblack) - Owner, Left Hand Black in San Diego, CA
· Kyle Mackenzie (@kmacktattoos) - Artist, Visible Ink Tattoo in Malden, MA
· Jimmy "Snaz" (@Jimmy_snaz) - Artist, Boston Tattoo Company in Boston, MA
· Austin Rose (@humanslammpig) - Artist, Robot Piercing and Tattoo in Portland, OR
· Stacy Smith (@tattoome_stacy) - Owner, Tattoo Me Charlotte in Charlotte, NC
Coming up on the next episode of INK MASTER on Tuesday, September 25 at 10pm ET/PT - it's time for the artists to get creative. They'll face off in a sticky team creativity challenge where the losing team will be left to tattoo for their chance to stay in the competition. But for one artist, it will be the end of the road.
Paramount Network gets under viewers' skin with "Ink Master," the network's hit tattoo competition reality series. Some of the nation's top tattoo artists battle it out in permanent ink for a $100,000 cash prize, an editorial feature in Inked and the title of 'Ink Master.'
"Ink Master" contestants compete in various tattoo challenges that not only test the artists' technical skills, but also their on-the-spot creativity, where they must create and execute an original tattoo on command. Challenges focus on different tattooing techniques, such as shading, line and proportion, and styles including photorealism, Tribal, American traditional, and pin-up. The series is produced by Truly Original.