Toshiba Expands VIPedge Cloud Business Telephone System for up to 500 Users in a Single or Multi-Site Deployment
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba -- www.telecom.toshiba.com), today announced that it has expanded the capacity of its popular VIPedgecloud business telephone system to accommodate up to 500 users for single or multi-site deployments. VIPedge (Rel. 1.4) is now available through Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide. Existing VIPedge users will receive an automatic upgrade.
"VIPedge delivers the benefits of Toshiba's on-premise VoIP system, only in a cloud solution, that provides feature transparency for up to 500 users in a single or multi-site deployment," said Mark Carpenter, vice president of Technology and Product Management at Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "With VIPedge, Toshiba manages the entire telephone system in the cloud, so all users have to do is answer their phones."
Along with the expanded capacity, Toshiba's VIPedge Rel. 1.4 also includes:
- Call Manager Desktop for Windows Upgrade -- Call Manager Desktop for Windows has been upgraded with enhanced XMPP server integration and instant messaging so that it can communicate directly with Toshiba's Call Manager Mobile. Users will receive messages on both the Desktop and Mobile versions simultaneously, no matter where they are.
- Call Manager Mobile for Android -- With Call Manager Mobile, Android users are empowered to take their office calls and instant message on their Android mobile phones just as if they were at their desks. (Coming end of January 2013.)
- Enhanced Presence Features Help Users Quickly Find Each Other -- In addition to existing phone-based presence status, Call Manager now provides XMPP compatible server integration for enhanced presence state information, accessing Microsoft Exchange Calendar information among other sources. Each VIPedge customer will get their own XMPP server instance for an additional level of flexibility and security. Coming soon, Call Manager Mobile will federate with Microsoft Lync and Google Talk, among others.
- Single and Group Instant Messaging Improves Communication -- Call Manager handles single and group instant messaging sessions, enabling users to better communicate with other users. In addition, multiple group messaging sessions are supported. Users also have the ability to send broadcast messages.
- Single Number Reach for Incoming and Outgoing Calls -- Call Manager Mobile integrates Toshiba's IPMobility solution, providing single number reach for both incoming and outgoing calls. This feature utilizes Toshiba's VIPedge follow-me feature, which gives users the option for either sequential or simultaneous ringing to the desk phone and mobile phone. For outgoing calls, IPMobility dials through the VIPedge, displaying the office number caller ID.
- New and Improved Dealer Portal Ordering and Provisioning Features -- In Release 1.4, VIPedge now also has new and improved portal ordering and provisioning features for Authorized Toshiba Dealers, which makes it easier for system ordering and activations.
For more info on VIPedge, visit: http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/Products/VIPedge-Cloud-Telephone-System/<