New Relic Q1 2013 Blazes Past Growth Targets and Reaches 40,000 Active Customer Accounts
New Relic Inc., the SaaS-based application management provider, today announced the company exceeded its growth targets for Q1 2013. In Q1, New Relic recorded 130 percent in revenue growth compared to the same quarter one year earlier, and ended the quarter with more than 40,000 active customer accounts. Customer growth was reported at 134 percent year over year, with a record 1,300 new direct paying customers including a 65 percent increase among enterprise customers. Overall, the company is performing at top speed and broadening its reach in all of its markets, either directly or through partnerships with more than 70 cloud computing and hosting relationships.
Late in the quarter, customer demand surged when the company announced the availability of New Relic for Mobile Apps. Within a month of general availability, there are now more than 1,000 iOS and Android mobile applications with 11 million end users being monitored by New Relic in production and enterprise environments. Among the new customers for the native mobile app service are Dark Horse Comics, Mirego and Wanelo.
For first quarter 2013, New Relic:
- New customers included Comcast, General Electric Company, Urban Outfitters, Saks Fifth Avenue, Hibu Global Limited, Pearson Technology and Churchill Downs, the home of the Kentucky Derby
- Secured a new round of venture capital funding of $80 million and announced its plans for an initial public offering
- Tripled the company's office footprint with the headquarters move to four full floors at 188 Spear St., San Francisco, and two full floors at 111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, the engineering team's headquarters
- Grew the team by more than 40 people, bringing the total employee headcount to more than 230
- Announced the general availability of a real-time solution for the monitoring of native mobile applications, a first of its kind in the industry
- New Relic announced a new partnership program with the "Who's Who" of mobile app platform providers Adobe PhoneGap Build, Appcelerator, Parse and Stackmob
- New Relic also extended its mobile app service to existing platform and infrastructure partners such as CloudBees, Joyent, Rackspace Hosting and Windows Azure Mobile Services
- Released its very own mobile app for the iPhone, enabling customers to monitor their apps on the go
- Won the Marketo Revenue Performance Excellence Award in the Innovative Integration category
- Recognized as a SIIA Software CODiE Award finalist
Currently, New Relic:
- App Instances Monitored: 1,328,843
- Daily metrics captured: Over 100 billion metrics each day
- Active customer accounts: 40,000+
"Our focus is on the opportunity ahead, where software and apps are driving the world's economy. Enterprises are building their latest business initiatives on the web and mobile. New, personalized interactions now available through mobile and web interfaces are inspiring entrepreneurs to build new businesses. Q1 was about New Relic setting the stage for bigger things to come. This year, you'll see us continue to provide new and innovative ways to evaluate the success of apps, which is the underlying foundation for the success of your business."
- Lew Cirne, founder and CEO, New Relic
- Don't miss our blog for more information
About New Relic
New Relic is changing for the better the way the world's developers and operations teams build, deliver and manage software. Its 100 percent SaaS-based solution provides end-to-end, real time visibility into the operations of network-connected applications wherever they run in browsers, mobile devices, or servers. New Relic's platform-agnostic solution works right out of the box for web apps build with Java, .NET, Ruby, Python and PHP and for mobile apps on Android and iOS. New Relic is currently monitoring 1 million apps and collecting over 100 billion metrics a day for more than 40,000 customers, all of whom use New relic to ensure a better online experience for their users. Learn more at: newrelic.com.
Social Media Links