MIVNET Launches 'MIVNET Connect' Hybrid-Cloud, High Definition Multipoint Video Collaboration Solution
MIVNET, the world's largest and fastest-growing free directory represented by independent providers of videoconferencing services, today introduced MIVNET Connect, a new video collaboration solution that promises to revolutionize the industry by merging the power of two dominant technology trends: cloud service and "bring your own device" (BYOD).
"As the first hybrid-cloud, high definition multipoint video collaboration solution, MIVNET leverages cloud connectivity to deliver the highest quality video meetings at low cost to any user, over any Windows, Mac or LINUX device, from any location with a broadband connection," said Mark Levy, Managing Director of MIVNET. "The universal reach of MIVNET Connect holds the potential to open new high-value revenue streams for established videconference service providers, while giving users unprecedented functionality, flexibility and control."
Unique in the industry, MIVNET Connect provides a one-of-its-kind user interface that creates a separate video "tile" for every session participant. Each tile is a separate video stream that can be detached and viewed "full screen," providing unparalleled control to manage, arrange and prioritize participants during a videoconference session. In contrast, other solutions do not offer a user interface for every participant.
Other key features of MIVNET Connect:
- Supports up to 30 simultaneous meetings on MIVNET's 100 port MCU, with room for immediate expansion when needed, leveraging MCU capabilities at up to 1/10 the current cost.
- Connections are available at rates up to 1080p offering high definition connectivity, and scalability also flexes with user needs, automatically adjusting data rates when performance issues arise.
- Participants can simultaneously share any documents and presentations via their desktop.
- Offers inexpensive pay-as-you-go pricing: MIVNET subscribers can purchase credits for re-sale at $0.25 per credit, and non-subscribers at $0.50 per credit.
- Reduces capital expenditures for fixed infrastructure.
"With MIVNET Connect, videoconference providers now can inexpensively bridge legacy rooms to the growing market of virtual, geographically dispersed users who seek 'on the go' meetings via their own devices," said Levy. "MIVNET is aggressively taking the lead to ensure that our members are on the cutting edge of this rapidly emerging opportunity."
For more information on MIVNET, please visit http://www.mivnet.com/